Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

I have booked a balcony guarantee cabin for our Sept. 2007 cruise. Do any of the balconys have obstructed views? I don't care where on the ship our cabin is I just don't want the view to be obstructed. And what are the chances of an upgrade since I booked a guarantee cabin?

Thanks

Does the Conquest have a Mardi Gras party on each sailing? I've seen a caper from December that showed a Mardi Gras "Bar Hop" in the evening. Hopefully someone who has recently returned from the Conquest will see this thread and be able to answer. Thanks.

:( We are booked on the Conquest for 5/20. Final payment due to CCL by 3/6 (we booked through a TA). Part of our group is having problems with the final payment for their cabin so it looks as though we are all going to scrap:( :( :( our first cruise. Here's my problem: I can't get my TA to return my calls to cancel and CCL won't help me because I booked with a TA. I don't want to lose our deposit. What do I do if she doesn't call in by the final payment date. Has carnival ever extended the final payment date? Thanks for the info and help.:(

What the cheapest way to travel from Dallas Hobby Airport to the cruise dock and back for four?

dh and i are flying from Dallas Love Field into Houston Hobby. We are renting a one way car from enterprise. the total price of the one way rental is $24.20. We were unable to get a one way rental back to hobby at what i considered a reasonable price, so i booked with Galveston Limousine service. I believe they were $30 each. this was more affordable than carnivals...which do not offer transfers from hobby, although it is closer. having the rental will allow us to explore a little.

hope that helps a little.

:( We are booked on the Conquest for 5/20. Final payment due to CCL by 3/6 (we booked through a TA). Part of our group is having problems with the final payment for their cabin so it looks as though we are all going to scrap:( :( :( our first cruise. Here's my problem: I can't get my TA to return my calls to cancel and CCL won't help me because I booked with a TA. I don't want to lose our deposit. What do I do if she doesn't call in by the final payment date. Has carnival ever extended the final payment date? Thanks for the info and help.:(

How come you have to all cancel if part of your group can't go? Our group started out with 12 cabins booked, dropped to 7, and we still got an upgrade, plus group points towards obc, bon voyage gifts, etc. Just wondering if someone gave you the wrong info.

As for the 'date' of final payment, we paid ours on Jan. 24 for our April 15th Conquest, and the checks were just cashed about a week ago. We went thru a TA also, so I'm not sure what the hold up was, but that date sure didn't seem as important to her as it did to us!

TinaJ

dh and i are flying from Dallas Love Field into Houston Hobby. We are renting a one way car from enterprise. the total price of the one way rental is $24.20.

I just called Enterprise and they told me there is a $60 drop off fee in Galveston, so don't forget to add that to your price.

An earlier poster asked about secret doors on the Conquest, and I don't believe her question has been answered. If I remember correctly, there is a door all the way forward on the upper deck (level 6) which opens to a little-known, and very windy, deck. Can someone confirm this?

dh and i are flying from Dallas Love Field into Houston Hobby. We are renting a one way car from enterprise. the total price of the one way rental is $24.20.

I just called Enterprise and they told me there is a $60 drop off fee in Galveston, so don't forget to add that to your price.

i have my confirmation, and that was not included....so i got lucky i guess. i called late at night. the one way rental #, and then i was trf'd to another person. 1-866-307-1773 is the # i had called. i have my confirmation and there is no mention of any kind of one way fee. all taxes fees etc. are all listed. so if they tried to charge me anything different, i will make them aware of a few laws i suppose. :eek: i do know they were completely sold out at the time of cars for renting to people in galveston, so maybe they wanted some to be returned and i got in on some "special" who knows. i just know what my confirmation tells me.

good luck

An earlier poster asked about secret doors on the Conquest, and I don't believe her question has been answered. If I remember correctly, there is a door all the way forward on the upper deck (level 6) which opens to a little-known, and very windy, deck. Can someone confirm this?

i have read this too. i think there was a thread about secret cabins or something to that affect that was talking about them. i'll check and see if i can find it again.

Does anyone know if the Conquest has 1A cabins with large windows like the Valor. They are listed as inside cabins, but they actually have windows. We were in 2 of these on the Valor last summer and really enjoyed them. Was wondering if Conquest has same thing. Thanks.

Yup, I got one but having to wait for October sailing, just booked it. They also have some on the first two decks with port holes which I was considering so I could go earlier. Hard decision. I did the equilavalent of 1As on the Ectasy and we had the port holes, same price as inside cabins.

I have booked a balcony guarantee cabin for our Sept. 2007 cruise. Do any of the balconys have obstructed views? I don't care where on the ship our cabin is I just don't want the view to be obstructed. And what are the chances of an upgrade since I booked a guarantee cabin?

Thanks

when booking my cruise directly through carnival, the rep told me that none of their balconies had an obstructed view. i specifically asked that. hope that helps.

Does anyone have any pics of Conquest's 4a cabin that has two porthole windows ??

thanks.

p.s. I already checked webshots

I could be wrong, however, I do not think there are any port holes for 4As. However, there are some that are 1As and they are the exact same price as the 4As.

There was a so called special last week to upgrade from a 4A to a 5A which might also have some port holes or just obstructed OVs. I say so called sale, because if you clicked on it, it raised the price of the 4A $100, so to me this was not the free upgrade it was purported to be.

FYI when you look at the deck plans on Carnival's web site you will know which are Port Holes as the cabins have the code PH = port hole :)

If you find some 4As that have port holes let me know. I could be wrong.

when booking my cruise directly through carnival, the rep told me that none of their balconies had an obstructed view. i specifically asked that. hope that helps.

hmmm... i saw a post a few nights ago (i don't remember which ship it was) with some lifeboats hangin in one corner of the balcony. there were pictures and everything.

i don't know if that qualifies as "obstructed" in your book, but it does in mine. show me rail and water... that's all.

Single Dad,

What excrusions did you take while on the conquest?

Great video and pictures! I bought a waterproof camera that also shoots video underwater, so I am very excited to use it!

Just posting my Conquest video montage last August (Click the link below)

Singledad, Thanks so much for sharing your video! We will be going on Conquest in August as well, as you can see in my signature, so it was great to see some photos and stuff from around the same time last year.

I have a question, I noticed that some in your party got their hair braided.....looks like it was in Cozumel? Anyway, can you give me some idea as to how much that cost?

Wow! I can hardly wait to go now!

Thanks again,

Diana

I read another thread warning about hair braiding, to make sure you get the price fixed ahead of time. Someone got a price per braid and the braider did ten thousand braids and it wound up being several hundred dollars when they just wanted some quick braids for about $40. they thought. They said the person doing the braiding just pulled a few hairs into each braid on their child to run up the price.

Get a price for the whole job, not per braid if you have it done.