Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

I confess I sent myself a gift of drink coupons. They ran $5 each. I wonder how I came out - what are drink prices on board?

If you ordered frozen drinks, you came out ahead. If you ordered ones like "rum & coke," I think you would have actually gotten a better deal on your S&S card.

No need to confess. I have already ordered a set for each of us in our cabin for our next voyage as well.

I will be traveling with an 8 yr old boy and 13 yr old girl not to mention my elderly parents. I'd like to know which shows are appropriate for everyone.

Keep in mind that some of the shows onboard are VEGAS style shows. In other words, you might see thongs as they dance about. Some parents have a fit about the shows but then have no problems taking their kids to a beach where women are wearing thong bikinis.

The Capers onboard will give you a list of the activities for the day.

Dave

We usually stay at Hotel Galvez. You can leave your car at the Hotel and they will transport you to and from the pier. Great Hotel, web price was 179.00.

We also stay at the Galvez!! They have a fabulous champagne brunch on Sunday...................A few mimosas before boarding is always nice!!

I've have several questions ... we will be taking the transfer bus from the airport to galveston ... where does the bus drop you off? I'm asking because we want to pick up a few things at Walgreen's (someone posted it was close by). Will we be able to do this?

I wasn't aware that there was a transfer bus from the airport to the port. We are taking a car service, since we couldn't find rental car arrangements either.

This is our first time on a cruise and on the Conquest! I have a few questions (some may be repeat!) but any help would be appreciated!

1. We are flying into Houston and taking a Limo company to the Port. It is $210 round trip (2 adults and 2 children) from Bush Airport to the Port. Does this sound right?

We are paying $350 for a "limo" from Action Limousines for five of us - 2 Adults, 3 kids. Seems kind of high from what I'm reading here. Anyone have experience with this company? I'm worried about catching the limo from the airport to the ship, making the port in time, etc.

Yes, they have juices, lemonade, and punch. Sodas are extra!

Ah ha, so the mystery is cleared up. I consider the lemonaide and punch to be drinks, not juices. On another thread someone kept telling me I was wrong, yes juice was free on the buffet all day long and I didnt get it. Now I do, the light dawns.

I think of juice as the 100% juice kinds. Now I get their comments.

I confess I sent myself a gift of drink coupons. They ran $5 each. I wonder how I came out - what are drink prices on board?

I read somewhere once about sending yourself a gift basket with alcohol, etc. Is that a better way to go than buying the bottles of booze, or the same thing? This drink coupon idea sounds interesting - how does that work out? Or...should we try the old smuggle the booze aboard route?:rolleyes:

louisianiagirl07, if you are asking about waiting to cruise until you are 18 so you can drink the carnival site states that you have to be 21 to be served alcohol on the ship. this is from the FAQ section of www.carnival.com.

Are there any age restrictions on board?spacer.gifDrinking Alcoholic Beverages: Guest must be 21 years of age or older to be served alcohol on board. Proper I.D. with birth date is required.

spacer.gifOf course that doesn't mean you can't go to Carlos n' Charlies or Senor Frog's in Cozumel;) ;)

:confused:...6/24 Western Caribbean, Carnival Conquest...This will be my husband's and mine first experience with Carnival, we have only sailed previously with Royal. We are taking all 5 kids(25,23,19,19 and 18) as they will be standing up for us as we renew our wedding vows. I have a few questions , correct that , a lot of questions , please help.

1. Are there theme nights in some of the lounges on this particular cruise that we could pack appropriately for..ie..50's, western.....

2. Can you buy liqeur from the stores on board and consume it on board as long as you leave it on board when you leave?

3. Are older teens allowed to play the video games or is that reserved strictly for the younger teens?

4. All 5 of my kids are water polo players, are we allowed to bring a water polo ball, even possibly set up a game with some of the other guests on the off pool hours?

5. How is the spay for doing hair and make-up and how are the prices, as I want to do this before the ceremony?

6. Do they allow nice jeans in the dining room on resort casual days?

7. What is your rating on the Mayan Jungle experience in Cozamal (bike ride, zip-line and cenote snorkeling)?

8. Rating on the Dunn Falls dolphin swim and will there be enough time for a a little shopping afterwards?

9. Rating on Fisherman's rock in Grand Cayman?

10. Has anyone had a Flaming Bob Marley drink in Jamacia?

11. What are Capers and how do I go about getting a copy of them?

12. Has anyone bought tanzanite in port, how is the quality and pricing?

That is it for now, I am sure however that I will think of some more.

Thank you all in advance for your input.

Angbaby

:confused:...6/24 Western Caribbean, Carnival Conquest...This will be my husband's and mine first experience with Carnival, we have only sailed previously with Royal. We are taking all 5 kids(25,23,19,19 and 18) as they will be standing up for us as we renew our wedding vows. I have a few questions , correct that , a lot of questions , please help.

1. Are there theme nights in some of the lounges on this particular cruise that we could pack appropriately for..ie..50's, western.....

2. Can you buy liqeur from the stores on board and consume it on board as long as you leave it on board when you leave?

3. Are older teens allowed to play the video games or is that reserved strictly for the younger teens?

4. All 5 of my kids are water polo players, are we allowed to bring a water polo ball, even possibly set up a game with some of the other guests on the off pool hours?

5. How is the spay for doing hair and make-up and how are the prices, as I want to do this before the ceremony?

7. What is your rating on the Mayan Jungle experience in Cozamal (bike ride, zip-line and cenote snorkeling)?

8. Rating on the Dunn Falls dolphin swim and will there be enough time for a a little shopping afterwards?

9. Rating on Fisherman's rock in Grand Cayman?

10. Has anyone had a Flaming Bob Marley drink in Jamacia?

That is it for now, I am sure however that I will think of some more.

Thank you all in advance for your input.

Angbaby

No, not really....

No; you have two options on that. Buy liquer from the Bon Voyage department (not available online; have to call) and they will have it waiting in your room from day one; consume all you want and take what's left. Or, you can buy liquor onboard, but if you do, you can't have it till your last day on ship. It's not meant to be consumed on board.

I believe as long as they're under 18 it's no problem.

You will get different answers on this, but according to Carnival, there is nothing mentioned about jeans, period. They recommend resort casual, which many will attest means no denim, and they prohibit swimsuits, shorts, and tanktops. In my opinion, jeans are fine; wear a nice top and sexy shoes and you'll look way better than those women in stuffy polyester pantsuits!

These are daily programs; do a quick search for "Carnival capers" either on this site or on Yahoo and you should find images that will give you an idea of what to expect on your cruise.

Iv heard of women getting super deals in Cozumel someone bought a really big ring for $40 but whe was way out from the pier on a tour.

Iv been wanting one and bought myself a little teeny ring in Martineque (sp) It was the only one they had that fit for $40. I was in an expensive jewelry store later who confirmed it was real at least, but its a very little stone. I think of it as feminine on my hand lol. Most nice ones with large stones are over $200 at best, many I liked they wanted more than $300 in the expensive jewelry stores.

Tendering will start soon after 7:00 a.m.The ship will start to give tender tickets to those not scheduled for a Carnival excursion at 7:00 a.m. in the main theatre on on a first come first served basis.We booked with Captain Marvin's and had a 9:15 meeting time for their 10:00 trip and got to the pier before 8:00 and shopped for an hour. You'll be fine .We were worried too.:) We found this all out from the purser on board.You'll love Captain Marvin's.Have fun !

Oy... with the time difference due to daylight savings time, we are going to be cutting this reallllllly close... doing the same trip. ***FEAR***

We are paying $350 for a "limo" from Action Limousines for five of us - 2 Adults, 3 kids. Seems kind of high from what I'm reading here. Anyone have experience with this company? I'm worried about catching the limo from the airport to the ship, making the port in time, etc.

After getting quotes from several companies, I finally decided to go with Airport Transportation/Limo Service. An emoployee at Harbor House recommended this company and I am very glad. The owner is very nice and accommadating. So far, this company appears to provide professional, courteous and reliable service at reasonable prices. They actually monitor your flight so they will know when you actually land insuring you will not have to wait. This is not a shuttle service, therefore, you will not be making several stops before getting to your destination. Give this company a call and ask for a list of their references: they have many. According to the info they faxed to me their prices are as follows:

--Houston Hobby to Galveston - 1 to 3 people $95.00; 3 & over $35 per person.

--IAH to Galveston - 1-3 people $135.00; 3 & over $40 per person.

According to the info I received "all fees are included in prices above. Gratuity fee is between you and the driver, it is optional"

Also, to get a quote specific to your requirement give them a call.

Airport Transportation Services

Dwayne Johnson

866-926-9300 (toll free)

281-585-7200

832-891-9690 (cell)

airportcar@prodigy.net

Hope this helps. My group of 7 (4 adults and 3 children) will be using their services on [arriving] April 13 & [departing] April 22. I will be sure get on this board and let you all know if Airport Transportation lives up to my expectations. :rolleyes: