Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

Yeah... I booked 7445 after reading a lot of reviews, but then started reading that the cat 11 and 12 have vanities/dressing areas and a sofa. The corner aft doesnt have either... *shrug*

I know the balcony on the 9A was awesome, but too late now. ;) Already paid the difference.... and I'm sure we'll be thrilled with whatever we get.

As much money as we're spending having our wedding onboard, you'd think they'd give us the hookup and a cat 12. =) Wishful thinking, i know ;)

I was married on the Conquest last October and was hoping for a suite upgrade as well.....never happened. Congrads on the wedding and have a great time!:D

I booked today! :D We sail 3/2/08 and have a balcony cabin on the Verandah deck for the price of a balcony gty! This was a past guest special. Our 2nd cruise and first on Conquest. Now will we get off the ship in Jamaica? Time will tell.......:rolleyes:

What is with the color teams during the week? We never got what the point was. All the contests and games and stuff

Some guests find the competition fun. I never really paid attention to it, but a lot of people did enjoy it.

Taking 2 teenage boys on the July 1 Conquest. Which excursions do you recommend? Just read about the people being robbed at gunpoint in Jamaica, what to do there?

Already done Stingray city, so what's good in Grand Cayman?

Any secret cruiser tips I should know about?

How were massages, etc, on board?

I HIGHLY recomend taking the teens on the zip line canopy tour. it was fabulous. it gets them out of the city, into the "jungle". you will get lots of exercise and see parts of the city from safely inside a a/c'd tour bus. the trip up the mountains (hills) is beautiful and it is very exciting. my teens are dying to go next time we cruise. dh & i went with no kids on our cruise in march....kids will go next time, and we'll take them on the zip line tour. this tour is much different than other zip lines you see advertised. it is the original canopy tour. there are 7 zip lines total that you cross and views are awesome! have fun!

I HIGHLY recomend taking the teens on the zip line canopy tour. it was fabulous. it gets them out of the city, into the "jungle". you will get lots of exercise and see parts of the city from safely inside a a/c'd tour bus. the trip up the mountains (hills) is beautiful and it is very exciting. my teens are dying to go next time we cruise. dh & i went with no kids on our cruise in march....kids will go next time, and we'll take them on the zip line tour. this tour is much different than other zip lines you see advertised. it is the original canopy tour. there are 7 zip lines total that you cross and views are awesome! have fun!

Is this in Grand Cayman or Montego Bay? Thanks.

Marie

Hello everyone. I am sailing with a group of family and friends on the Conquest on October 28th. We have cabin #8448 booked for our wedding/honeymoon (we are getting married in Grand Cayman). This will be my fifth cruise, but my first on the Carnival Conquest. Has anyone every stayed in this cabin? Also, if anyone has any pics that would be great.

Also, it will be the week of Halloween. Has anyone ever cruised during Halloween before? Are there any costume contests or anything Halloween related? Thanks in advance.

efmarek,

We are on the same sailing if you get a chance join our roll call.

Yes, Carnival has costume contest for kids and adults they also have a haunted house set up. I am going by the information from last year.

Best wishes on your up coming wedding. Do you have an alternate plan if we cant get into Grand Cayman?

You can do a search on your cabin number and you may be able to find some pictures . In a thread this long sometimes questions can easily be over looked.

Wanda

What is with the color teams during the week? We never got what the point was. All the contests and games and stuff

There is no point to it. Made up points for each team announced during the cruise and at dinner. Don't worry, there are no prizes etc.. for the team that "wins" each week......

Wanda,

Thanks for the info on Halloween week. I will join the roll call. We are working on an alternate plan if we don't make it to Grand Cayman. I know we will lose our deposits and so forth, but we are willing to take the gamble. If it doesn't work out, I hope to maybe have a symbolic ceremony on the ship and make it legal once we return home. Thanks again.

Lisa

Lisa/efmarek, I have one suggestion for a plan B in the unlikely event that Grand Cayman is canceled. Go to your Roll Call thread and ask if any Texas judges are cruising who would be willing to perform the ceremony. You would need to apply for the marriage license before your cruise, though.

BTW, we will be cruising the week before you and have 3 stern balconies on the Empress Deck but not a 9a.

I have a group of 11 for this year's labor day cruise. Does anyone know how the Conquest will seat 11 people? Is it possible that we can all sit at one table?

Hugh

They can if you request it, they will add a setting to the end of a 10-top that's not in an aisle.

I have a group of 11 for this year's labor day cruise. Does anyone know how the Conquest will seat 11 people? Is it possible that we can all sit at one table?

Hugh

We had 22. They seated us at 2 of the round tables that seat 10. It wasn't too crowded.

p2lockhart,

Thanks so much for your suggestion. I think that is a great idea. I will most definitely see if there are any Texas judges going on our cruise. I know that you will have a great time on your cruise. Do you have any reservations about going into port in Jamaica? Thanks again.

Lisa

Is this in Grand Cayman or Montego Bay? Thanks.

Marie

Yes, this is in Montego Bay. I did the zip line excursion with my two boys (age 14 and 12) and we all loved it! Can't say enough about it - was a great time and something we'll always remember - highly recommended!

OK, I have been reading threads and threads on this forum and have learned a lot. This is my/our first cruise and I am sure I will have several questions. One that I have is that we have booked room 832x on the verandah deck which looks like it is under the pool on the lido deck. I read somewhere that there is a lot of noise from the pool area on the deck above. Anyone stayed in this area and have any comments for or against? Also any advise for first time crusiers or with the Conquest that anyone can offer would be great.