Denali?

MOMJAHELKA

I am going on the Coral Princess July 30, 2005 and and wondering what the general concensius is regarding the tour to Denali. We don't have a lot of time and if we do Denali then I don't have time to do two days in Vancouver. Is the Denali trip really worth all the time it takes to get there?

Thanks for your opinion

We did the Tundra Wildlife Tour that can run 6-8 hours. It apparently goes deeper into the park than the Natural History Tour. The vehicles are called school busses but ours was very comfortable with velour seats. Since I haven't done the Nat'l Hist Tour, I don't know anything about it. The wildlife tour was amazing. We saw a bear, caribou, eagles, ptarmigan, sheep, and some other things also. The scenary is spectacular. I loved the Polychrome area. You will drove in and out on the same road but that didn't matter since you're sitting on one side. The guide/naturalist (David) was good at spotting things and we all helped at some points. He also stopped if anyone THOUGHT they saw something; even if it was A ROCK, it was okay, he didn't mind...(I found a lovely large brown one, myself). There were several 'potty stops' and at the turn-around point we were given a hot beverage. It was a wonderful trip and didn't seem anywhere near the 7 hours.

Hi MOMJAHELKA.

I have not done the tour on my cruise to Alaska but my sister in-law did something similar what (I think) you are asking about. Her whole tour (cruise and land) were about 12 or 14 days and they stayed in a hotel someplace in the park. Her comments were: that it was a very nice tour but after a day or so, some of the things (scenery, things to see and visit) started to repeat themselves and the interest started to disappear.

She did not say that she would do it again.

I got the same or very similar comments from a friend that I work with, who has done the same tour at a different date.

So, I am not sure if, this answer is helping you or perhaps will steer you in the wrong direction.

Wes

Thanks for that information. That is just what i am looking for. I am trying to coordinate this for 5 famlies. I think the best we can do is to book the cruise only and let each family decide for themselves whether to do additional trips. Thanks again for the information

Archived