help upsell offer

dwrist

AD on the pearl to A3 suite 14006 for $700 pp----yes or no

Maybe. Add up how much you spent on the AD and compare what an A3 is going for in April and see if its a decent deal. If it were me I'd do it. But I'm not the most practical person. When in April are you going??

For us, it helps us to decide by dividing the upsell price by the number of days on the cruise. Getting it to a per diem amount helps us figure whether it's worth it. Then, we also factor in the type of cruise. For example, last year on the Jewel for the Med. which is very port intensive and we are off the ship every day, the use of the ship amenities goes down. Thus, a penthouse or upgraded penthouse is less important. For a Caribbean cruise where we are experiencing the ship more than the ports, the value of the penthouse goes up greatly. Does that make sense?

Let us know what you decide. Good luck!

cruisingfromMN--

That what we did. :) With more sea days on the Panama relocation, we decided that it was worth it--my DH screamed YES:eek: and the upsell person heard him and laughed.:D Now we have to do another search for more info and pictures from the TA with shoreguy's blog. :eek:

Thanks all for the help.

Now for our score from the upsell fairy--4 cruises and have been called for an upsell on 3 cruises. :D

Just noticed your sig ... this is for an April Panama Canal ... 14 days. Using MN's math, it's between $100 per day increase for the upgrade. Lot's of sea days so the courtyard may be worth the extra expense. I still don't think the room itself is though.

EDIT: I see you made your decision and your response beat mine ... I'm sure you'll enjoy your cruise with the quiet courtyard.

cruisingfromMN--

That what we did. :) With more sea days on the Panama relocation, we decided that it was worth it--my DH screamed YES:eek: and the upsell person heard him and laughed.:D Now we have to do another search for more info and pictures from the TA with shoreguy's blog. :eek:

Thanks all for the help.

Now for our score from the upsell fairy--4 cruises and have been called for an upsell on 3 cruises. :D

Wow, you're lucky. This is my 5th NCL cruise and I've never been called. I think the upsell fairy doesn't like me.

cruisingfromMN--

Thanks all for the help.

GREAT! I'm glad you took it.

cruisingfromMN--

That what we did. :) With more sea days on the Panama relocation, we decided that it was worth it--my DH screamed YES:eek: and the upsell person heard him and laughed. Now we have to do another search for more info and pictures from the TA with shoreguy's blog.

Thanks all for the help.

Excellent decision :) Passing thru the canal with the aft view would have been special but too many other pluses to turn down the A3. Access to the courtyard area on those not so perfect sea days priceless. A bathroom to die for.

Need someone to filll the second bedroom ? :D

:D

So glad you "did the deal" - now, if I can only get lucky and "get the call" for my 4/13 Pearl I'll be happy!

Really though - we'll be happy either way in our AB but would LUV an A3! Gotta love not having to hassle for a lounger by the pool.......

Laurel

If shoreguy can't make it, you are welcome to pay and cruise:D . I know you are anxious to be on the Pearl again. This time should be nice weather and warm temps. You know all the staff onboard:eek:

Laurel

If shoreguy can't make it, you are welcome to pay and cruise:D . I know you are anxious to be on the Pearl again. This time should be nice weather and warm temps. You know all the staff onboard:eek:

Wait a minute... I think the first offer should go to your neighbor and that would be ME!!!

Leave here April 20 to Miami, cruise the 22nd to May 6 at LA, fly home sometime after we get off--booked the red eye home with the intention of going to LAX early and hoping for an earlier flight. We will be going to Knotts for their champagne brunch with friends. Good way to kill time waiting. If my DH has a job situtation to do out here we may change our minds. :D

Hey, why don't I just pick everyone up at the airport and bring you home for lunch? :D

Charlie....look I found stray Cruise Critics at the Airport.......can we keep them?

Ah, CFM will be on the Star, the kid's room's mine :D

Knotts for the champagne brunch???

Hey, why don't I just pick everyone up at the airport and bring you home for lunch? :D

Charlie....look I found stray Cruise Critics at the Airport.......can we keep them?

Ah, CFM will be on the Star, the kid's room's mine :D

Too funny, Remember Laurel I said I wanted you to be my new best friend cuz I love your cruising style and how many times you get to go a year! And, us being from the Midwest anyone living in Beverly Hills must be an interesting kind of person!

Hey---I am a transplanted California, born and bred in Los Angeles. Lived there until we were transferred to Unisys here in 1981. Still a California gal and will be until I die. I'm interesting. ;) I'm fun. :rolleyes: And I can cook Mexican food better than any restaurant here.:D

Hey---I am a transplanted California, born and bred in Los Angeles. Lived there until we were transferred to Unisys here in 1981. Still a California gal and will be until I die. I'm interesting. ;) I'm fun. :rolleyes: And I can cook Mexican food better than any restaurant here.:D

LOL !!! Was that in response to my midwest comment? Geesh, now I have to have another new best friend... Mexican food. BTW, have you been to Puerto Vallarta? There's a restaurant there to die for. I think Pepitos or something like that. I would have to check my review. Really good food.

And, as long as were sharing... I was born in MN, moved to FL for childhood years and moved back here!

:D Yes it was in response to your reply to Laurel. Hey, maybe she should pick us all up and adopt all of us. Then they could pay the cruise fares for all. :D

My DH was born and raised in North Kansas, close to the Neb border. He is our token midwestern in the family as all the children were born in CA. But he does love Mexican food. We do go to Concord St to buy the foods we need. We did not do shore excursions in Mexico. Living in So Cal for all those years, crossing the border to Tia Juana, it is all the same. There is a couple of great restaurants close to the port in Los Angeles. One is the Red Onion in San Pedro(mexican). There is another restaurant(not mexican) in Torrance called King's Hawaiian. Only ones(not chains) and the food is great in both places.

To keep this on topic, which cabin did you get? When we booked the Star last Jan, we booked gty mini--upsold to a AC and loves it. In Aug, we booked the AD and upsold to AA. Now we booked AD for Panama and upsold to A3. We are excited now. DH wants to pack today for Panama and he is flying to Seattle in Feb for work.:D

Have a good weekend.

Archived