New iteneraries for Wind Star

12B@C

We like the Wind Star fleet and have taken cruises on all of their ships (including the ill fated Wind Song). However, we do not want to repeat the same trips and are wondering how many of you also think that new destinations would be in order.We just received the new 2008 brochure and it is repeat, repeat.

I am sure Wind Star administrators look at this web site from time to time and the more suggestions we come up with, the more the chances are that they can do something.

For example, we would love to see one of the ships do the western European coast including England, Holland, France, etc. The visibility to potential customers there should also be an important caveat to the company.

As a loyal Windstar cruiser for 17 years we'd like to see

some itineraries which include:

*Indonesia ( especially Bali)

*Great Barrier reef of Australia...Sydney-Brisbane or Cains.

*Baltic again, or as others have suggested, west coast of France.

*New England coast of USA

We'd also like to see some new cruise variations that specifically feature the opportunity to use the MARINA more!

You've received the 2008 schedule?? I just contacted Windstar regarding their spring 2008 schedule and was told it wasn't coming out until May.

I am interested in an Istanbul-Athens in May or June. Have been also looking at SeaDream.

I certainly hope I get the 2008 schedule soon as well.

I received a pamphlet from Wind Star and mistook it for their new brochure. This still referred to the 2007 trips.

However, when the 2008 trips are published I am curious to find out how many new ports will be included. New destinations such as the Baltic and parts of Asia are certainly of interest to us. Please, don’t misunderstand, we love to travel with these ships, but not if we have to go back to the same destinations.

The trip from Istanbul to Athens is fantastic. Do it, and you will not be sorry. The ports such as Rhodes and Santorini are great and the excursion to Ephesus is something that you will remember for many years. Spend a couple days in Istanbul and Athens on your own if you can. There are numerous sights and interesting places to have dinner, etc.

To see some pictures and description of this trip you might want to go to:

I received a pamphlet from Wind Star and mistook it for their new brochure. This still referred to the 2007 trips.

However, when the 2008 trips are published I am curious to find out how many new ports will be included. New destinations such as the Baltic and parts of Asia are certainly of interest to us. Please, don’t misunderstand, we love to travel with these ships, but not if we have to go back to the same destinations.

The trip from Istanbul to Athens is fantastic. Do it, and you will not be sorry. The ports such as Rhodes and Santorini are great and the excursion to Ephesus is something that you will remember for many years. Spend a couple days in Istanbul and Athens on your own if you can. There are numerous sights and interesting places to have dinner, etc.

To see some pictures and description of this trip you might want to go to: http://www.*****.com/greekisles.htm

I think there is a probability that in 2008 there will be new ports in Europe. If you recall, Windstar has stated that they will register the ships in Europe in order to allow them to go into different ports. In their August press release they make the statement:

"All three Windstar ships will also be re-flagged to The Netherlands in order to accommodate new European itineraries while complying with European Union maritime laws."

Let's all hope that they come out with the inineraries soon.

• 2 weeks later...

One reason Windstar no longer does northern ports is the fact that the ships have so much open and exposed deck space. All that open deck space is wonderful in the Mediterranean, where the weather is likely to be pleasant during Windstar's European cruising season, but passengers who don't like the wind and rain in their faces may feel housebound in less predictable northern climes. (At least, that's what I was told by a ship's officer on the WIND SURF last year.)

Last week on the Windsurf, the captain announced that some of the Mediterranean and Greek ports would be changing to allow a two week back to back with no repeats.

I wasn't paying very close attention, so that's all I know.

Beth

Thanks for all your suggestions about new itineraries. It shows that several of us are in agreement that some new ports are in order. We will wait to see what the company has to offer next year. Meanwhile let me make some comments (as usual):

1. Signor John is probably right that the Baltic area is too cold a climate for ships that were designed by the French for the warmer areas such as Tahiti.

2. Upgrademe (I love that neme): To have new ships built like these is probably out; but to have more ships that have similar features (small, friendly, exciting, and yet with some luxury) is difinitely IN.

3. Cruising along the western coast of Europe still makes a lot of sense, but I also like the idea of a trip throught the Suez Canal to the Red Sea with stops to see the Egyptian sights, of course. Snorkeling and diving in the Red Sea could be fabulous.

4. To go to Bali would probably not be too practical since the transit for rather small ships like these is very far and the number of ports in the area might be limited. That is not to say that Bali is not interesting in itself. If any of you have been there, you know it is a facsinating island.

Note to Upgrademe: For our ultimate upgrade in Bali go to http://www.*****.com/bali.htm

Archived