What means do you use for a transfer from airport to ship?

Dancinfeet

We are flying in to Ft. Lauderdale (cheaper than to Miami) and from there getting transfered from airport to cruise ship (Jewel) We purchased our transfers from NCL. Total cost to the ship from the airport and then back to the airport after cruise is over is $60 total for 2 of us. I didn't think that was too bad. The good thing is that they take care of you luggage and you don't have to lug it around looking for a taxi or bus and they are at the baggage pick up place waiting for you when your flight arrirves. It usually is a pretty fast transfer. What are some of you doing for transfers to the ship.

Are you sure about the luggage? the times I have seen it the people had to collect their luggage and get it taken or take it to the bus themselves.

Depending on which Wheelchair I am bringing I use an accessible cab. I always come in the night before so get one to hotel then another to port.

going home I book a late flight and take a tour or do a day room at a hotel then cab to airport

What I meant about not lugging the luggage around when you get the transfer from NCL was that you didn't need to drag it with you like you would if you were waiting on a taxi or bus and I don't think a public bus would have provisions for luggage on the side, so you would have to cart it on the bus. When you get the transfer from the cruise line, yes you need to claim your luggage and take it to the van but then they pack it away and take it off when you arrive.

We did that transfer last year for the Jewel, not a pleasant one! Yes NCL is waiting for you at luggage pickup and you have to wait for everyone to get there, then you will WALK across thru a parking deck to another terminal. A long walk!!!!!!!! Then you will wait for a bus to pick you up and take you to the ship. Good luck:D

Archived