Has anyone been to Chankanaab Park recently?

karen_g

Dannzigg...thanks for the help

Mathgal...great pics..thanks for the help...out of curiosity how much extra did you have to pay for the scuba guide. We will carry our own gear except for tanks and weights. Sure looks like Chank has sumthin for everyone.

Sensation one week from tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!

Florida Diver,

when we were there in Feb. there were three tarpon in the swim through. we swam within 12 feet of them and they acted like we were not even there.

we also saw a couple of gorgeous sea horses about 1" long. enjoy the dive.

Hey Cotton why not get certified and enjoy the underwater fot lots longer. I am 57 and still diving whenever I can!!
:D Hey, I did GOOD to get over my fear of just having my face in the water! Don't think I'd ever get brave enough to get the whole bod down there! (My adult kids are certified divers, have been for years, but even they can't convince me.):rolleyes: I was amazed at the beautiful fish and coral I saw - but I guess I'll have to depend on the Discovery channel to show me the depths!!!

florida diver...My husband had all of his own gear (except tank & weights) and the cost for the dive was $16 with the guide. Our friend had to rent equipment and his cost was $35. The prices are listed on the Chankanaab website: http://www.cozumelparks.com.mx/eng/chankanaab/diving/nuevo.htm

I chuckle when I read the information on the above site...apparently the translator wasn't totally fluent in English! Here is what it says:

Enjoy an unforgettable trip through the beautiful underwater gardens of the Chankanaab Reef, and if you wish, request instruction from one of our experimented scuba divers.

I would hope they really meant to say "experienced divers"!!! :)

Mathgal

Thanks again..you are a wealth of great info!!! Wow,keeping the whole family happy in one location...priceless!! If you ever need any Florida or weather help just give me a shout (I am a Tv Meteorologist in Tampa)!! I will post a review when I get back and hopefully I can help folks as much as you have

Archived