Here is some dolphin swim info.

Grits53

There have been questions asked about booking the dolphin swim with Dolphin Discovery. After first telling me last week that the time slots I had requested were booked full, they must have had a cancellation, because they sent me a confirmation yesterday. Here is the information on the confirmation email that may be of some interest to those who are considering booking with them: (I got a kick out of their "broken" English.)

Check in Time and Meeting Place:Check In time is 30 minutes Before your

program presenting this confirmation voucher. Our facility it’s located at

Carretera Costera Sur Km. 9.5, Inside Chankanaab Park, Cozumel, Quintana

Roo. Take a taxi to Chankanaab National Park from your Hotel in Cozumel

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMPORTANT:Please be advise that entrance fee to the Chankanaab Park is not

included, Adults Fee now is $16.00 US. Don’t forget to verify the local

time upon you arrive in Cozumel to avoid miss your program, because you

will not be entitled to any refund if you miss it. We also recommend you

to visit www.cozumelparks.com where you can download a entrance FREE fee

disccount coupon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cancellation Policies:No refunds will apply for cancellations made within

7 days prior your scheduled program is. Also our programs operate with

rain or shine, therefore no refunds can be given for bad weather unless

Dolphin Discovery cancels your program*. However, if you wish to change

your booking to another day and advise us prior to, or at check-in, we

will be allow to reschedule your program, subject to availability. .

(*Note to cruise ship passengers: If your ship is diverted or delayed for

any reason, causing you to miss your program, you will be entitled to a

full refund, subject to verification with the cruise ship.)

Take your Dolphin memories back home!Our professional photo team are on

hand taking fabulous videos and photos of the programs, giving you a

wonderful way to remember forever your Experience of a Lifetime!. These

are available for purchase only on the day of the program.

Recommendations: Please be sure to bring your credit card for verification

and for extra expenses or cash as well. Also bring along towels and extra

change of clothes, shower and restrooms are available in the location, Sun

Screen lotion is not allow to wear if is not Biodegradable, there are

available for sell at the boutique or bring a t-shirt to protect your

skin.

Billing Information: Once is authorized and processed the charge to your

credit card, it will be reflected in your next statement. The charge will

be apply in US Dollars, any conversion to a different currency will be

with the exchange rate of your bank.

Assistance: If you have any questions or comments please let us know.

reservations@cometocozumel.com www.cometocozumel.com T. +52 (987) 872-2041

F. +52 (987) 872-2041. Since your reservation It’s being pre-paid, there

is no need to arrange anything with your hotel travel rep or shore

excursion desk. If asked, please advise them that you already have prepaid

reservations with Dolphin Discovery. Please be aware that we are unable to

accept instructions from third parties.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure where you read this , but I don't think that if you book with Dolphin Discovery the price would include the entrance fee. I am booking a swim, and it is not included. However, if they get the sea lions back and have the combos , then I think it is included in those. I know with # 4 it is, but it is not available at this time.

I just confirmed with Dolphin Discovery that they are running a promotion this month and park admission is included in the prices quoted on their website. They are charging about $4 more for the Dolphin Adventure, but with park admission at $16, that's a nice savings. At $104, it's about $60 less than Carnival charges (not including $10 cab fare).

• 1 month later...
I just confirmed with Dolphin Discovery that they are running a promotion this month and park admission is included in the prices quoted on their website. They are charging about $4 more for the Dolphin Adventure, but with park admission at $16, that's a nice savings. At $104, it's about $60 less than Carnival charges (not including $10 cab fare).

Is this "special promotion" for this month only?? :rolleyes:

There have been questions asked about booking the dolphin swim with Dolphin Discovery. After first telling me last week that the time slots I had requested were booked full, they must have had a cancellation, because they sent me a confirmation yesterday. Here is the information on the confirmation email that may be of some interest to those who are considering booking with them: (I got a kick out of their "broken" English.)

Check in Time and Meeting Place:Check In time is 30 minutes Before your

program presenting this confirmation voucher. Our facility it’s located at

Carretera Costera Sur Km. 9.5, Inside Chankanaab Park, Cozumel, Quintana

Roo. Take a taxi to Chankanaab National Park from your Hotel in Cozumel

IMPORTANT:Please be advise that entrance fee to the Chankanaab Park is not

included, Adults Fee now is $16.00 US. Don’t forget to verify the local

time upon you arrive in Cozumel to avoid miss your program, because you

will not be entitled to any refund if you miss it. We also recommend you

to visit www.cozumelparks.com where you can download a entrance FREE fee

disccount coupon

Cancellation Policies:No refunds will apply for cancellations made within

7 days prior your scheduled program is. Also our programs operate with

rain or shine, therefore no refunds can be given for bad weather unless

Dolphin Discovery cancels your program*. However, if you wish to change

your booking to another day and advise us prior to, or at check-in, we

will be allow to reschedule your program, subject to availability. .

(*Note to cruise ship passengers: If your ship is diverted or delayed for

any reason, causing you to miss your program, you will be entitled to a

full refund, subject to verification with the cruise ship.)

Take your Dolphin memories back home!Our professional photo team are on

hand taking fabulous videos and photos of the programs, giving you a

wonderful way to remember forever your Experience of a Lifetime!. These

are available for purchase only on the day of the program.

Recommendations: Please be sure to bring your credit card for verification

and for extra expenses or cash as well. Also bring along towels and extra

change of clothes, shower and restrooms are available in the location, Sun

Screen lotion is not allow to wear if is not Biodegradable, there are

available for sell at the boutique or bring a t-shirt to protect your

skin.

Billing Information: Once is authorized and processed the charge to your

credit card, it will be reflected in your next statement. The charge will

be apply in US Dollars, any conversion to a different currency will be

with the exchange rate of your bank.

Assistance: If you have any questions or comments please let us know.

reservations@cometocozumel.com www.cometocozumel.com T. +52 (987) 872-2041

F. +52 (987) 872-2041. Since your reservation It’s being pre-paid, there

is no need to arrange anything with your hotel travel rep or shore

excursion desk. If asked, please advise them that you already have prepaid

reservations with Dolphin Discovery. Please be aware that we are unable to

accept instructions from third parties.

Looks like you booked with Come to Cozumel - there are a few different companies that Dolphin Discovery has extended the Free Chankanaab Park entry option to ~ you might check with them to see if they were one of them.

The Chankanaab Park Free park entry is offered with the Royal Swim activity. There are reduced entry fees for Encounter and Snorkle/Swim Adventure participants when you pre-pay with your order.

As far as I know all the bookings we make - regardless if they are for activities this month or beyond qualify for the free or discounted park entry. The offer could expire at anytime, but if you book now while it's being offered you will get the promotion.

We were there last month... it was just incredible!!! In my opinion, I would pay the entrance fee again just to help maintain the beauty of the entire park!!!! Go there early in the morning and enjoy the beach area before it gets too crowded later in the day. They had so much damage from the hurricane... but they have built it all back up again. They have done a great job so far.

Also, I have to say, the bathrooms there were the most beautiful and clean bathrooms I have seen on any island!!!!

The dolphin swim was fantastic!!! We booked the Royal Swim and had the time of our lives. I was a bit nervous about doing the superman push through the water.. but the dolphins just came right up and took off before I even knew I was going through the water!!!! It was amazing.

Make sure you book your swim with enough time to complete your full swim and view the pictures and dvd at the end. The whole event from start to finish can take about 1 1/2 -2 hours.

We just did the Royal Swim this week and had a wonderful time! If you are going before April 1st, note that Mexico is not on DST yet. That threw us off on planning our day and left us very little time to shop afterwards. Also, when we checked in, they told us to meet at 5 minutes before our scheduled time, not 30. I had assumed we would view the orientation video in the 30 minutes prior to our scheduled time, but we didn't start that until about 15 minutes later. We were finished about 2 hours after our scheduled time.

We just did the Royal Swim this week and had a wonderful time! If you are going before April 1st, note that Mexico is not on DST yet. That threw us off on planning our day and left us very little time to shop afterwards. Also, when we checked in, they told us to meet at 5 minutes before our scheduled time, not 30. I had assumed we would view the orientation video in the 30 minutes prior to our scheduled time, but we didn't start that until about 15 minutes later. We were finished about 2 hours after our scheduled time.

They ask that you check in with them at least 30 minutes prior so they know you are in the park and can give you the dolphin swim bracelets - so folks can check in as soon as they arrive and then go enjoy the park and just come back about 5 minutes before their time to get instructions on where to meet for the actual orientation.

I understand that you must bring biodegradable sunscreen. That is fine with me if it helps preserve the ecosystem. My question is how do I find biodegradable sun screen. Do they sell it at the common retailers like Target, Walgreens, or Wal-Mart? I have started to look but can't seem to find anything that says specifically biodegradable. Our kids will be swimming with the dolphins two weeks from tomorrow and I want to be prepared. Thanks!

We did the middle option just last month -- the entrance fee was NOT included.

Purchase your water cameras here! Cost was $25 at Chankanaab Park! (I had used up the two I had and had to buy another!).

We didn't love the beach at Chankanaab -- instead spent the morning by the pool -- which worked out great with the kids.

Also - FYI - there was a charge of $5 pp for anyone who was not in the dolphin swim who wanted to go out on the docks and take photos.

Some shots in my Navigator album (link below).

Also, I have to say, the bathrooms there were the most beautiful and clean bathrooms I have seen on any island!!!!

DITTO! I thought they could be in a a Ritz Carlton spa!

About the biodegradable sunscreen - I hadn't heard that and no one mentioned it to us there - I had two teens swim.

I understand that you must bring biodegradable sunscreen. That is fine with me if it helps preserve the ecosystem. My question is how do I find biodegradable sun screen. Do they sell it at the common retailers like Target, Walgreens, or Wal-Mart? I have started to look but can't seem to find anything that says specifically biodegradable. Our kids will be swimming with the dolphins two weeks from tomorrow and I want to be prepared. Thanks!

I looked everywhere and finally found it at Academy Sports. You can also purchase it online and can probably find it at dive shops. Interestingly, no mention was made about sunscreens when we entered the park, nor did they check to see if we brought any that was inappropriate.

I booked my royal swim in Cozumel back in Jan. The enterance fee was not included at the time of my booking. I learned about the free enterance fee. So I called them up a few days ago to see if they would waive my fee. They gave me this long story that its a promotion...blah blah blah so they cant etc..... They said if I wanted to cancel my reservations and rebook I could do that. But there is no guarantee that we would have a spot reserved for us. We will be there Next wed, so I decided to just forego the whole ordeal. At least I will save $2 admission per person into the park. If you have a need, do a google search on chankanaab park and submit your info for a $2 off coupon per person.

That's strange... I know the promotion wasn't offered until February this year but it seems like you should be able to add it since you have a reservation during the time the promotion is offered. Who did you book through?? I know I have had some folks happen to contact me to make changes or add someone to a reservation they made months ago and I was able to get the promo added without cancelling the reservation???

Make sure you book your swim with enough time to complete your full swim and view the pictures and dvd at the end. The whole event from start to finish can take about 1 1/2 -2 hours.

Do they allow water cameras in the water to take pictures with the dolphins?? Also, how much was it to buy pictures and the dvd??

They supposedly sell it in the park. Write them and ask. There'a a link on the park web site.

Archived