We're in a GS friends in JS

Has anyone had this situation? We are traveling with another family and as mentioned above, have different room categories. Last year we were both in JS and had priority boarding, but from what I am reading they won't be able to have priority boarding anymore. We are flyng together and I am afraid this will be awkward, as will the Concierge lounge situation...any insight or suggestions?

T

Well my take on this is even if with friends there´s no need to be together 24/7. So you could split for the CL.

Or if you want to enjoy your together time, join them in a public bar.

Same for embarkation, though I don´t see that they won´t get priority check-in, if it is like this why not use seperate lines or if you don´t want this go along with them in their line.

This exact same thing happened to us in October on the Radiance. Our friends were in a Grand Suite and we were in a Jr. Suite.........not that big a deal............we both had priority embarkation and debarkation..........

As for the concierge lounge..........the table was reversed in April last year.........our friends did not qualify for the lounge and we did..........so we opted not to use the lounge..........

We did not try to sneak them in or even talk to the concierge about it......rules are rules which we honor and obeyed...........

You will still have a great cruise with your friends.

To be honest with you, we are going to face the same situation in April on the Vision. We are Diamond Members in a GS and our family members are in a JS on their 1st cruise.

Personally, I have done this before with other family members, we let them check-in with us as a group, versus them waiting in the priority line behind us. That way,, they don't have to stay in the line while we breeze through and are on the ship before they get checked in.

we opted not to use the lounge..........

We did not try to sneak them in or even talk to the concierge about it......rules are rules which we honor and obeyed...........

You will still have a great cruise with your friends.

That is a great attitude - congratulations on your decision, you were being respectful to all others that have paid for the privilege...

Personally, I have done this before with other family members, we let them check-in with us as a group, versus them waiting in the priority line behind us. That way,, they don't have to stay in the line while we breeze through and are on the ship before they get checked in.

No comment :rolleyes:

Archived