Zip lining in Costa Rica or Belize

soccermom4

We're considering going on the Carnival Miracle next year (1/08) and zip lining sounds like a lot of fun. Our ports would be Limon, Belize City and Colon (Panama). Anybody have an opinion on whether the ziplining is better in Belize or Costa Rica? Also - Our kids will be 11, 10, 8 and 6. Is it doable with them?

We're considering going on the Carnival Miracle next year (1/08) and zip lining sounds like a lot of fun. Our ports would be Limon, Belize City and Colon (Panama). Anybody have an opinion on whether the ziplining is better in Belize or Costa Rica? Also - Our kids will be 11, 10, 8 and 6. Is it doable with them?

We did a zipline tour in Belize and it was great. Just know that to do it it's a hour+ bus ride out into the countryside. We are doing the Original Canopy tour in Costa Rica.

• 1 month later...

Soccermom

Can I make a recommendation to you. If you are going to Belize look into the cave tubbing but book it privately. My wife and I were there on the Carnival Valor in August of 2005. I can get back to you with the company if you are interested. We did two caves as apposed to the one cave system that the carnival tour did. There was also only 8 people in our group.

I do recommend the canopy tour as we did it in Puerto Vallarta. Its a great experience. Take care and happy cruising

Rich

• 2 weeks later...

We took the Miracle out of Tampa last year to Belize and took an excursion with belizecruiseexcursions.com When you get off your ship just look for their sign and off you go.

We did the combination zip line and cave tubing.....their locations are very close to each other....so as long as you're there.......do both. It was $110 per person through this company and through Carnival it was $85 to cave tube and $99 to zip line both per person. We loved both.......but the zip lining was the highlight.

We have also been to Costa Rica and saw their zip lines.....our excursion ran near them. Belize appears to have more runs and are higher up.

Our 12 year old (at the time) loved it....and I'm old (45) and overweight and loved it. My husband loved it too.

Hope this helps.

A couple of years ago we went zip-lining at Almonds and Coral in Puerto Limon. My kids were 9 and 12. They both loved it. We arranged the tour directly with Almonds and Coral. They picked us up at the Pier and brought us back again. We all had a great time.

Archived