Highroller

mcboo

HIghroller,

Saw your post on the Seabourn board. La Paloma was way out of line. Totally not the Seabourn attitude we have experienced. You will not be the first gay couple or the last gay couple on Seabourn. Have fun and enjoy.

My partner and I are going to be on the Novemeber 28, 2004 sailing of the Pride. :o:o:o

Coome try the Radisson Gauguin with Capt. Tom and me, Sept. 11th - great deals now (free air!!), no set dining times, NO FORMAL WEAR ALLOWED :D - guaranteed to have a good time - and no one like LaPaloma, either ;)

Would love too guys but I gotta work sometime out of the year..taking my Mom on the Star August 20 Barceloan-Vencie for a 12 day Med cruise (her 60th birthday) then going on the Tahitian Pricness Dec 3rd and then on the Sapphire Dec 23 from SYD-AKL...would be nice though to possibly arrange something for next year as a small group on Seabourn or something?:cool: :eek: :cool:

Highroller,

No nneed to dress every night. 2 formal nights on a 7 day. You can always eat in the Veranda if you choose. other than that couple of nights jacket and tie for restaurant and couple of nights no tie required. It is really fun.

We are 41 and 74 and have been together for 15 years. And in case anyone is curious I have enough of my own money and was not looking for a sugerdaddy. Age is a state of mind!!!:(:(:(:(

Trust me, I could of married for money many times...self made here and my partner is very down to earth! Good too hear about the dress up situation I will be sure to pass this along too him as well....If we were to do a Seabourn it would be one of there exocitc sailings for maybe 14 days in Indian Ocean, Africa or soemthing like that...who knows maybe even the 14 day extended Barbados sailings as well....I find seven days too short for me personally for a cruise.:cool: :eek: :cool:

Highroller,

Seabourn is anything BUT stuffy!! I have traveled Seabourn for over 100 days total, and can say that on EVERY cruise there were ALOT of gay men onboard! The best cruises are the crossings. Will be on the Legend in Nov for the transatlantic, 4 years in a row.. like a "family". Really nice. Im 39, and my partner of 11 years is 77, and no, not a sugar dady either, but could be!!

Try it, you'll LOVE it!

CruiserDan

http://www.saintpeterealtors.com

Hi everyone -

We have sailed Princess and Celebrity and don't like the crowds. We would rather pay more and have more of a relaxing vacation time together. How does Seabourn stack up againts RSSC, SilverSeas and Crystal ? I am 42 and my partner is 37, quiet non party types but like to laugh, talk and meet new people.

Our first cruise was Princess (Golden), I wasn't that thrilled - we ran into some really foul people - which I think can be on any line, what can ruin your vacation is the number of times you are caught in a situation that requires you to interact with them.

The second was Celebrity and we loved everything about the cruise except the crowds. We met great people and had an overall awesome time.But would like to see what the "ultra" lines are like. Are they all about the same and it boils down to personal preference - or is one among them a stand out ?

Thanks

Scot

Scott,

I personally enjoy Seabourn. Silverseas can get a very stuffy crowd. As far as RSSC is concerned I really don't have any experience with them. Seabourn is a very down to earth crowd that enjoys the finer things that Seabourn has to offer. With all suite accommodations, all-inclusive including liquor makes it a great value. Food is great and open seating dining only adds to the experience. You can have a table for 2 or if you meet 8 new friends a table for 10. Seabourn has a max of 208 guests and a crew of 160; hence the excellent service. Seabourn has always made my partner and I feel at home. Our suite with 1 queen size bed never raises an eyebrow. Very layed back and down to earth guest and crew.

Hope this helps.:o:o:o:o

I've been on over 20 cruises in the past 10 years - everything from old dawgs like Carnival Jubilee and Regent Sun to Windjammer to Crystal to Queen Mary 2 to Radisson's Voyager & Paul Gauguin. I've also done RSVP all-gay, Atlantis all-gay, and groups like Pied Piper as well as going solo on straight cruises.

My favorite ship was QM2. My favorite cruise overall was Radisson Voyager. My favorite itinerary was on Gauguin - Tahiti. IMHO Radisson offers a superb product for the price, especially with all the special offers lately. One gets a full-size bottle of favored booze in cabin, per person. Free drinks (beer/wine/cocktails) with lunch/dinner, free mixers, free soda, free bottled water, no tipping allowed, great service, great cabins and amenities. Pax are generally not stuffy, younger than Crystal. Food superb!

If they are going to an itinerary I want, then I'll go Radisson. If not, I'll go with another (except Carnival).

To me, one of the biggest parts of any cruise is who you are with. When with a group of great friends, almost any cruise can be great. If solo or a couple only, then the ship and itinerary become more important.

My latest was to Tahiti on Gauguin, 7 weeks ago, solo. I'm going again in 6 weeks with a few friends - this one CAN'T MISS!!

Have fun... :D

Luv Radisson.

I was just looking at a Canal cruise (10 days) on Crystal Nov 16,2005. Above and Beyond tours will have a group on that sailing and the price isn't bad. I just don't know about Crystal and whether it is too formal for my tastes. As a single I can do a 7 day on the Radisson Navigator or 7 days on the Seabourn Pride for the same price.........cabins would be better on Radisson, exclusivity on Seabourn would be greater....but as a single might be boring on a ship of only 200.........not sure what to do.

If it wasn't for the itinerary, I would do the Radisson MAriner...but a Mexico cruise in early December........not too inviting.

As for the big ships.....the lines, the kids and the nickle and diming turns me off. I must admit open sitting is so much nicer, although on a ship the size of Princess........the lines would be a turn off.

TOO MANY CHOICES......

of course there is always the unknown new kid in town...MSC

This is why I love to read these boards - interesting people contributing - with so many good points to make.

I think it is true that who you are with on vacation does impact a trip and can make it or break it no matter what happens.

We are not going to cruise this winter but are going to Maui with a fun group of queens instead. Will have a blast I'm sure.

That means I have an entire year to plan my next cruise and try to make an educated "poke in the dark" from information I gather from all you well traveled souls.

Scot

Spoke to my TA this morning about a Seabourn cruise up the Orinoco River next year.........souns interesting and different.

Has anyone sailed out of Barbados nad if so any suggestions on gay friendly hotels for a pre cruise stay?

Archived