5 Left Behind At Grand Caymen

I think I would be sick if I missed my ship's departure time.

I always plan on being back on the ship well before that time to make sure I never run into such a problem.

What a bummer, but I'm not surprised they were drinking in a bar. A lot of people miss flights doing the same thing. Drinking and not paying any attention to the time.

We were on the Radiance standing in line at the guest relations desk and started chatting with the couple in front of us. We were just leaving Cozumel. Turned out that they were on their honeymoon and had missed their ship (Carnival) and were allowed on the Radiance to catch up with their ship at the next stop. They said they were really impressed with RC and wished they were staying.

How long ago was that?

That totally stinks. My sister and her husband were on a cruise ship (not sure what line) about 9yrs ago and 18 people were left behind at Cozumel. 18!!:eek: A bunch of college graduates that spent too much time at C&C's. Woops. She said they were all at the next stop to reboard. I can't remember where that was but I want to say Jamaica.

Can I ask - has anyone ever heard of parents missing their boat with their kids at the kids club?? What do they do! We are debating taking a Cayman excursion to see the StingRays without taking my daughter and this is my BIGGEST fear!!

Can I ask - has anyone ever heard of parents missing their boat with their kids at the kids club?? What do they do! We are debating taking a Cayman excursion to see the StingRays without taking my daughter and this is my BIGGEST fear!!

Yep there was a thread not too long ago where someone reported having been left behind with several others and some of these people had I think 4 kids on the ship.

Thread title was something about being left behind on a ship excursion.

I don't think insurance would cover this. They probably have a "If you drink too much, or shop too long and miss the ship, you Dork!" clause.

One exception would be if they live in Mississippi, in which case their Attorney General would start a criminal investigation and force the ship to bring them to Gulfport as a penalty... :rolleyes:

Clauses have no meaning in MS. (except for Santa)

LL

Seeing the stingrays is an awesome experience. I would suggest that for peace of mind you take the ship's excursion. You will be traveling back and forth with them, and won't be left behind.

According to another post, If you do miss the ship and can not catch up to it, (say you have to fly home instead) then Royal Caribbean just throws all the stuff you left in your cabin away. They do not even attempt to get it back to you. Another reason - YOU BETTER NOT MISS THE SHIP!!!!! E-Beth:eek:

Can't remember how many times I have heard the Captain tell the story about getting back to the ship on time or you will get a great picture of this ship leaving....guess people just don't believe it will happen to them.

I agree with the poster about the passport issue.......you don't need one till 2008 for cruise travel to re-enter a us port but you do for air.........another good reason for a passport!

Archived