Hotel for night before in Tampa

katter24

We are booked on the Miracle March 4th :D but are looking for a hotel reasonably priced to stay at for a couple days before cruising....we are presently booked at the Holiday Inn Rocky Point in a standard room but have added another cruiser:rolleyes: and there are no suites available....any suggestions would be appreciated......:D

http://www.woodfinsuitehotels.com/tampa/

Hi when we went in October our group(about 30) stayed at the Chase suite hotel.Everyone in the group was very happy with it,there is a Bahama Breeze restuarant next door:) They will shuttle you to the Port and pick you back up.The link is at the top,hope this helps.

We stayed at the LaQuinta Inn and took their shuttle to the port when we embarked from Tampa on the Miracle back in October. We liked being able to eat breakfast at IHop before taking the shuttle to the port! http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g34678-d86066-r5961694-La_Quinta_Inn_Tampa_Bay_Airport-Tampa_Florida.html

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=108072

Lots of suggestions here.

You also might try the hotels in Brandon, FL. Its only about 10-15 minutes from the port. There is a LaQuinta, Red Roof, Embassy Suites, Residence Inn, Homestead Stuido Suites, Village Studio Suites, and a Crowne Plaza just to name a few. Its a little less crowded than staying in Tampa.

We are booked at the Chase Suites..$139.00.

They pick you up at a the airport, bring you to the ship in the morning and upon return from your cruise will pick you up and take you back to the airport:D

The Chase took us back to the Hotel because we had a 5pm flight....we dropped our gear, changed and hung out at the pool for a few hours and went back to the Bahama Breeze AND THEN they took us to the airport.......FYI, the cruise rate includes parking if anyone is driving in (they still can use the shuttle to/from the ship)

You also might try the hotels in Brandon, FL. Its only about 10-15 minutes from the port. There is a LaQuinta, Red Roof, Embassy Suites, Residence Inn, Homestead Stuido Suites, Village Studio Suites, and a Crowne Plaza just to name a few. Its a little less crowded than staying in Tampa.

You will save money in Brandon, but it will not be as great of a start to your vacation. I would stay near the Bahama Breeze as an earlier poster mentioned. There you will see nice views of the bay, close to the airport and cruise ship, and a Caribbean theme restaurant nearby.

If you are staying Multiple nights, why not go to the beach? If you want to start a vacation off right, find something in Clearwater Beach. This is 30 miles from the ship, but MUCH more fun for a multiple night stay. You can easily get into downtown the day of sailing after that.

Soooooo....Brandon will save you money (20 minutes from ship or airport), Downtown will be closest but costly and not quite as much fun as the beach, Clearwater will make you feel the most like vacation (30 minutes to the ship).

If you want to have fun, be ocean front and let your hair down....try Shepard's in Clearwater beach.

We are booked on the Miracle March 4th :D but are looking for a hotel reasonably priced to stay at for a couple days before cruising....we are presently booked at the Holiday Inn Rocky Point in a standard room but have added another cruiser:rolleyes: and there are no suites available....any suggestions would be appreciated......:D

I live in Brandon and it is just a nice residential area, great to live and great for families. With that said, it wouldn't be where I'd want to start my vacation. Right next to the port is the Marriotte Waterside. It over looks the channel that leads into Tampa Bay. It is very close to downtown, The Aquarium, and Channelside. Channelside is my favorite place to go for dinner, drinks and entertainment. THere is also a trolley that takes you from the hotel through Channelside and down to Ybor city. Ybor City is a mini-Bourbon streeet type area. Also, the trolley connect through downtown into Hyde Park-which has an upperscale shopping area. There is NO way you'd be unhappy in this hotel. I've stayed there & it is a super hotel.

Welcome to Tampa and Happy Cruising. The port here is super and you'll embark and disembark with ease!

We also stayed at Embassy Suites Westshore for $109. Great property with spacious rooms, and shuttle from airport.

As Dood said, lots of suggestions for Tampa in Tampa hotel thread. If you are staying at the beach, St. Pete Beach is nice too - very laid back and relaxing. I'm a Midwesterner, but love Tampa/St. Pete. Driving with a rental car in this area is very easy.

Enjoy!

If you aren't into anything fancy:

Comfort Inn and Holiday Inn Express on North Dale Mabry. They are side by side with a Sam's Steakhouse in between. Yum mo!!

Nice free breakfast

Free shuttle from the airport

$5.00 shuttle to the pier

HI had a 2 computers available off the lobby for guests to use

I stayed in the HI back in Nov. I just checked the price of the Comfort Inn for this Nov. and it is showing $71.00 for AAA.

The area is safe; the HI is about a year old; a block's walk to a gas station to purchase water/soda for cruise.

Tampa is a nice port city. Bon voyage!! Deb C.

The Marriott Waterside right next to the port. Channelside is the port and is awesome, great stores, restaurants, bowling, movie theatre, the aquarium. there is a trolly just outside the front of Marriott and for $4 pp you can ride all day and night to channel side, ybor city and back, it is GREAT!! We loved it and will definatly do it again!!! Great port to go out of and the Marriott is right there , so convienient!! Enjoy

We go to Tampa often as our daughter is a student at USF and lives in Brandon and my husband is retired military so we are at McDill Air Force Base often. We have been to various hotels throughout the area and we really enjoyed the Marriott Waterside, especially if you are leaving on a cruise right there!:D

Archived