Costa Food

MarineMom1

We eat pasta with every meal. They gave pasta with every meal.

Nothing parmigiana, no Italian soups, no antipasto, no Italian veggies,

nothing rollatini, no baked zita or ravioli ect. We cook with alot of oil and garlic, nothing made that way.

Reg food with a pasta side dish(waiter said that makes it an Italian meal). But the food was not very good.

Everynight there was mixed seafood on top of the pasta.

We eat salad last, waiter was not happy that we asked for our salad to be given to us at the end of the meal(so we just kept it on the table and ate it last).

What kind of food are you looking for. I went thinking I was going to get food like mama made, I thought wrong. Thought since it's an Italian line it would be Italian food, it wasn't. I should have asked before about the food.

The food in general, I do not think was very good(we always found something to eat). You may like it.

I read alot of bad things about Costa before I went and still decided to go.

I was in a suite, the ship I loved. Alot of people said the service was bad, I thought it was great(better than Celebrity). I missed pool side music like we had on other cruise lines. Shows were not good. I think if they are going to cruise out of the US their shows need to become more american.

My children are grown, so for just DH and me we would not go Costa again, but we cruise with my sister alot and she still has small children so if we go with her than yes we would cruise Costa again(the price for children can't be beat).

We were on vacation and we always did find something to eat. So we would not allow the food to ruin our vacation.

Thanks, having been on several cruises, I think that whether the food is to someone's liking, can be very subjective. I'm not expecting haute cuisine and even on cruises where I felt the food wasn't all that great, like you, always managed to find something to eat. And yes, this next cruise we're looking to take our 13 y/o so the price is hard to pass up.

Trish

We thought Costa food to be "OK". Maybe we were anticipating what we remembered from long ago on "Italian Line" and "Home Line". A number of things we exepcted to see and savor SOMETIME during the cruise was never on the menu. Maybe they think they need to "cater" more to American tastes? We really were never disappointed with what we were served, we were more disappointed with what we exepcted would be offered, wasn't.

Hi - We have been on two Costa cruises

Costa Tropicale - September 2003

Costa Europa - December 2003

and we are going back on Costa Tropicale September 2004 -! very unusual for us - normally we do not go back but we really enjoyed it all - especially the entertainment - one night was The Platters - only one of them but it was excellent. We can always find something to our liking on the menus - both ships very clean and staff very obliging - no complaints from us!

Somewhere on the Costa site you can access a sample dinner menu. I can't quite remember where it was, but go to their site and explore a bit. We sailed on the Mediterranea this past April and found the food to be "eh". Occasionally there would be something really great, but mostly just OK, and sometimes awful. I thought that the buffets at lunch were horrible and found myself usually eating from the grill by the pool. The food wasn't bad enough to keep us from sailing Costa again, especially with three kids. Their rates can't be beat!

I am not a food snob, and I did not expect gourmet, I did expect decent, but thats not what I got.

Apps, escargo(sp)one night, shrimp CT one night, Seafood salad, ham with melon, fruit medley ect.

soups, Lentil, Cream of asparagus, Cream of tomato ,

Salads, lettuces, tomato, cucumber

Pasta, different kinds of pasta with gravy(sauce) or sea food on top, stuffed shells,

main, veal, chicken,lamb, lobster(one night) beef, and there was a different fish every night and salmon every night.

veggies, beans ,cauliflower, potato, broccoli.

Main dishs were not bad. Could have been better.

desert were pretty good.

buffet, were the leftovers from dinner the night before.

Good Selection of wine at a good price,

I also liked the Festa Italiana, alot of people did not. I also liked toga night.

The gala midnight buffet was very good.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived