Paradise Beach, Nachi Cocum or Playa Mia?

WorkingMomNeedsaVacation

We only ate lunch there. We arrived around 10ish and left around 4ish and the buffet was more than enough to fill us. The buffet was open for quite awhile. My guess is, they would give you anything you asked for within reason. If you needed some chips and guacamole (one of the best I've ever had), I can't imagine why they wouldn't bring you some.

The massages were extra. Before I went, that was one of the things I was most looking forward to. But once I got there, I lost my desire to move from my lounger. :D In fact, I never did see anyone go over tho the tables. I wasn't watching them closely though. But there were two employees there to give massages.

Does the $49 include a massage or is that extra? If so how much? Thanks.

Although RIgirl said they ate from the buffet, we ordered straight from the menu. Anything on the menu you want for the entire time you are there is brought to you fresh and with a smile. Because we were a group of 9, we tried just about everything on the menu from shrimp to tacos to nachos, chicken wings, salsa and guacamole and more that I can't recall right now. Food was all great and included in the price of $49. Along with all the drinks you can order, I wonder how they make any money.

The massages were extra but inexpensive.

Food was all great and included in the price of $49. Along with all the drinks you can order, I wonder how they make any money.

The massages were extra but inexpensive.

We commented on the same thing! We all ate and drank more that $49/pp, without question. And, another thing, when you ordered a tequila drink (like a Tequila Sunrise), they free-pour their drinks (packs a punch) and they use Cuervo 1800. That same drink on the cruise ship would easily be $10 (probably more) because you would have to order a double shop (at least) to get the same amount of tequila.

Wish I was at Nachi now....:(

Silverain, Kerrirn, and RIGirl, your descriptions of Nachi Cocum have convinced me to reserve for our April 07 cruise. Sounds wonderful!

One question....what is expected in the way of tips for the attendants? Any insight is appreciated.

we will be there in march and my kids are 9 and 3. paradise beach sounds better with kids? my husband might want to snorkel while we relax and have fun on the beach. should I book it through RC or just do it myself? If anyone can give me some info on what would be a better choice for a family of 4. thank you:)

we will be there in march and my kids are 9 and 3. paradise beach sounds better with kids? my husband might want to snorkel while we relax and have fun on the beach. should I book it through RC or just do it myself? If anyone can give me some info on what would be a better choice for a family of 4. thank you:)

Honestly, it's not really a "kid beach". There is an incline with a bit of an undertow when you first get in the water. I have a three-yr-old and I would have been nervous with him there. After that first little incline and undertow,the water is calm as can be. No problem for an adult, but as a worried mom, I would not be able to relax completely. As far as snorkeling is concerned, there is not anything to see in front of Nachi. I snorkeled around looking for, well, anything, and the best thing I saw was a couple of very small fish. And I do mean just a couple. We had to take a boat to go snorkeling near a reef. Actually, I think we snorkeled in front of Paradise Beach or near it anyway. It was quite a ways out,though. I'm sure there will be people at any beach offering snorkeling tours.

As far as tipping, we started tipping with every round we ordered but then finally just stuck to two waiters and then took care of them in the end. Just give them what you feel they deserve. Depends on how much you order, etc. Beware, though: don't drink so much as to forget to tip them accordingly! I used to be in the food service industry back in the college days and I am a stickler for giving an appropriate tip. I certainly wouldn't want to be schelping drinks to people with a dress shirt and shorts and sneakers on in 80* weather while they sit on a recliner and order me around. For their doing this with a smile on their face, they should be given an appropriate tip. How much just depends on you. Sorry if that isn't real specific.

Paradise beach, by far is the best for children, and well your older kid(hubby) can still snorkel. Paradise does not sell through cruise lines, so you will need to taxi there, but they all know where paradise is.

Just back from Cozumel. We did Paradise Beach with our kids 10(girl), 8(girl), 6(boy). Had a great time. Kids grabed some floating mats (plenty around) and just kicked it out to the toys (not far or deep). My son had me kayak him all over the place. Most of the time they played with the plenty of kids there while Mom relaxed. This was not a party beach so not a lot of drunk noisy people. Roberto was my waiter and never had to wait for a drink or food, I had the cococnut shrimp (yummy). The owner Tom stoped by, hes very nice. Unfortunaley there are no fish so don't bother with snorkling even though it is included with your $9 wristband. For those looking for a little adventure you can rent jetski or parasail right there. I think you can arrange a snorkling trip on a catamaran too but I didn't see it the day we were there. All in all highly recommend this beach for families or those just looking to soak up some sun and relax.

Silverain, Kerrirn, and RIGirl, your descriptions of Nachi Cocum have convinced me to reserve for our April 07 cruise. Sounds wonderful!

One question....what is expected in the way of tips for the attendants? Any insight is appreciated.

I don't know if any tips are "expected" but I would say that each person ended up giving out around $10 each in a 5 hour period. My husband was so impressed with the service that he left another $20 with our main server. Guess it depends on your service, your generousity and your budget. Some people recommend taking a stack of single bills and tipping at each delivery. Just up to you and your situation.

But were they any good? Did anyone in your group get a massage? Just trying to figure out if my wife (DW?) would like one.

My aunt got a massage and said it was as good if not better than any she's had in a day spa at home. I don't know exactly what she spent...said it was about 1/2 of what she usually pays for an hour long full body massage.

How does Nachi Cocum compare to Playa Uvas. They are both all inclusives but which one would you recommend. Which one is closer to Paridise Beach? Is it difficult to get transportation to either?

here is a website to help you sort out all the variables:

http://www.cozumelinsider.com/Beaches

It is not difficult to get to any of the beaches mentioned. Some require reservations before you arrive. Nachi Cocom is my favorite but I don't have little ones.

Honestly, it's not really a "kid beach". There is an incline with a bit of an undertow when you first get in the water. I have a three-yr-old and I would have been nervous with him there. After that first little incline and undertow,the water is calm as can be. No problem for an adult, but as a worried mom, I would not be able to relax completely.

How deep is the incline? Would it be fine for a little older children around 8 or 9 years old?

Thank you,

David

We have been to Passion Island (just DH and I) and had a very relaxing time. We have also been to Mr Sanchos and Paradise Beach with our kids in the past 2 years.

Mr Sanchos's beach is much shorter than Paradise Beach. Nice folks and good food though.

Paradise Beach had a nice beach area and an abundant amount of chairs even on a crowded day. Our parents went parasailing and our kids enjoyed the water trampoline. The iceberg was way too hard for our kids to climb though (age at the time was 7, 10, 12 and 14). None of them could get up the iceberg. The trampoline was fun but the younger two kids could not get out to it by themselves. They are all on swim team and we have a pool at our house but not being able to stand or see the bottom along with the distance to the trampoline kept me and DH quite busy taxiing the kids back and forth on the mats from the beach to the trampoline most of the day.

The undertow did keep drawing me out when I was just hanging around waiting for the kids to finish jumping. In my opinion, even though our kids are fairly strong swimmers, it is too far from the shore and too deep (over my head) for them to be on the trampoline alone....they love to jump and then jump off of it...swim to the ladder and climb back up.

So, for us, we enjoyed Paradise Beach but it was a very active beach day (not much lounging in the chairs) as we were with the kids out in the ocean. Hope that helps!

How deep is the incline? Would it be fine for a little older children around 8 or 9 years old?

Thank you,

David

its not that bad, it just makes it hard to see the kids if they are swimming within 5 to 10 yards from the shore if you are watching them from your chair

We leave this Saturday and will be in Cozumel on the 27th of Feb! I'm excited to experience a day at Nachi Cocom. We made our reservations and received our confirmation quite easily thru Island marketing. Does anyone know if they have their own t-shirts? Do they have their own little gift shop?

I've checked the weather daily now and it seems to be getting better each time I look! Our last cruise this past October was about the worst weather so far, so we are looking forward to some sunshine!

Anyone else going to be at Nachi the same day?

I dont know about Uvas but I know that you pay at Nachi rain or shine as the confirmation states "all inclusive beach break is rain or shine ....etc." I'm really not too worried about the rain. If it rains, it doesn't usually last long. Besides, I am just going to be positive and not consider rain at all!!

Take a look at this site and see if this is where you want to be! I like the idea they accept only so many guests (100) as there is suppose to be 7 ships in port the day we come into Cozumel. This is one place you cannot just show up and pay to get in.

http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/CozumelBeachBreak.htm

>>> Hopin for lots of sunshine! <<<

Archived