Hotels In Miami????

CRUZFOOLS

While We Are Waiting To Book A Few Rooms On Priceline I Feel That I Need To Reserve Some Just In Case Priceline Doesn't Work. Any Suggestions On Where To Stay In The Miami Area That Is Safe. We're Flying In The Day Before And Would Like To Sightsee (bayside Marketplace, South Beach, Etc). Everything That I Have Found Is Over $200. Any Suggestions?

I just booked a back up at Hampton Inn, Blue Lagoon for 119 for the night before my cruise and the parking for the week on the cruise is included and it also had a hot breakfast and you can cancel it up until 6pm the day of arrival.

I just got a room at the Hyatt downtown for $41 for our pre-cruise stay through Priceline for 11/6! Hi-C told me that she had just gotten the same thing so I tried it and we got it also. I'm thrilled. She said that there's a Dolphin game that weekend too so we're fortunate that we got something so nice and so cheap. Good luck to you!

Guest cruzr44

I wanted to pick up a case of water to take on the ship. What hotel would be close to where I could walk to a grocery store?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Sarah We just booked a pre-cruise back-up at Amerisuites Blue Lagoon {not Amerisuites Airport} Check out Tripadvisor.com for helpful reviews on Miami hotels.They number them according to people's favorable reviews.I really liked the site. There's also a link that compares all the various hotel sites prices. Good luck, Lorian

Thanks for your help Lorian .

The reason we choose the Embassy Suites was -- husband has enough Hilton Honor points to get us the 2 nights precruise room .We have stayed at the Embassy Suites in Fort Lauderdale , I guess they are similar .I like the Breakfast and the Manager Happy hour that's included in the price

I will look at the site before we decide.

Are there stores for last minute items around the Hyatt or Embassy Suites?

We are sailing for the first time out of Miami. Also, does the Hyatt and Embassy Suites offer shuttle service from airport and to the port? Are there restaurants nearby either hotels? Thanks for any information.

We changed our minds and booked the Holiday Inn ( Hiton points can be used again sometime ) at Bayside . We thought It was closer to the port and some of our M&M for the cruise are booked their also . We are all meeting for dinner the night before the cruise . The Holiday Inn gets good reviews .

No stores close to the Embassy Suites but you have a free suttle bus from the airport to the hotel .A few restaurants close to the hotel .

Lorian great web site thanks .I have put it on my favorites

• 3 months later...

Marriott Hotels seem to have the best deal:

J.W.Marriott downtown $279

Courtyard downtown $159

Near the airport Marriott has 3 hotels on one complex

2 shopping centres within 1 mile

Le Jeune Rd and #836 just south of the airport has

Marriott at $199 Courtyard at $139 and Fairfield at $89

Less 10% (about) for AAA memebrship

On line booking and you have until 6pm day of to cancel

Guest cruzr44

Just stayed at the Holiday Inn. Bayside is literally across the street. We asked for a room on a higher floor facing the port so we could see the ships. Bubba Gumps was a fun place to eat in Bayside. It has a Forrest Gump theme. We took a cab to the port at about 10:30. There is a Walgreens about four blocks to the right as you walk out of the Holiday Inn. The area just beyond the hotel is rather dirty. I wouldn't walk around alone or even with someone at night unless you are right at Bayside.

Archived