PG excursion question

poolechick

We're on the 14 day Marquesas trip leaving March 3rd and are considering our excursions now. We are curious about the Blue Lagoon Escapade in Bora Bora (private boat tour for 4 people, ray ballet, snorkeling in the coral gardens, tables set in the water with champagne and light snacks). Has anyone done this and did you enjoy it?

The other excursion that we're thinking of is the Island Circumnavigation by Jet Boat in Bora Bora. It sounds exciting. Anyone?

There are so many choices in Bora Bora. We did the 4x4 last time and we loved it, but not enough to do it again -- and we are not into waverunners, so that's out. Advice please?

poolechick,

We did the Blue Lagoon Escapade on our cruise in November. It was just me and my wife. They take you to where the stingrays are, sharks, and reef diving(snorkeling) then he drives yo around the island stopping where the water is shallow and a sandy bottom. He served us cheese, crackers and champagne in the boat. It was nice but I don't know if it was worth the bucks. We were one step ahead of the afternoon excursion boats at each stop except the cheese and cracker stop. I am glad we did it but I would understand if someone said it was a ripoff. I enjoyed the jetski around the island in 2003 just as much. We really liked every excursion we took from the PG.

If you are interested in the environment or natural world, consider the Coral Preservation & Snorkeling Program. It's pricey, but there's only about 8 people, max. I really enjoyed it.

Denis Schneider (eye candy, girls!), a marine biologist, takes you out into a channel between two motus and you collect pieces of damaged coral, then take them back to the coral hospital at the Pearl hotel, where he shows you the whole coral restoration program, which exists mostly under the OWB walkways. The first part is deep-water snorkelling without much pay-back, but the second part is waist-deep water, with lots of fish (and some coral.) You also get to see the Pearl hotel, which is very pretty.

Archived