vaccinations for vanuatu noumea

ang1684

hi has any 1 got needles to go to vanuatu,

we ask a doc 2day and he said i should have 2 needles and take meleria tablets for the time away and 2 weks after it.

but said its prob 2 late to get them now and they be about $300 :eek: :eek:

did anyone else get needles to go here?

should i just take the meleria tabs?

also has anyone else used maxalon for sea sickness how was it?(thats wat the doc gave me)

thanks guys

No you don't need to have any vaccinations at all. Don't waste your money, save it for your cruise fun. You're off to Vanuatu not Cambodia.

I've been lucky enough no to suffer sea sickness so can't help you there.

Kerri

We just returned home from visiting both Vanuatu and New Caledonia including Noumea a week ago. You certainly do not need any injections or take any malaria tablets for your visit there.

We did have 3 rough days getting there from Sydney and many were sick. Maxalon is used for nausea but is not that good for seasickness. We are lucky and do not get affected by sea sickness. The best course of action is to take a preventative such as Dramamine. If you are sick then take Stemetil. My husband is a pharmacist!

What ship are you going on? If it is the Pacific Princess be prepared as it does move around a lot in the water.

Jennie

hi has any 1 got needles to go to vanuatu,

we ask a doc 2day and he said i should have 2 needles and take meleria tablets for the time away and 2 weks after it.

but said its prob 2 late to get them now and they be about $300 :eek: :eek:

did anyone else get needles to go here?

should i just take the meleria tabs?

also has anyone else used maxalon for sea sickness how was it?(thats wat the doc gave me)

thanks guys

Hi, don't worry about vaccinations or malaria tablets, my doc told me to take Phenergan tablets with me. He used to be a ships doc and said that the needle they give you is Phenergan. I have used it before for allergies etc but didn't realize you could use it for seasickness. I had one the first night, just in case, but I didn't bother after that as I felt fine.

Used to give the kids phenergan to knock them out!

I took it recently for an allergy, I didn't get drowsy but when I went to sleep, boy did I sleep:eek: couldn't wake up the next day!! I'd test it before you leave to see if you get drowsy or have side effects.

I stick to my Kwells, they work for me and I don't sleep all day!!

Chez

Used to give the kids phenergan to knock them out!

I took it recently for an allergy, I didn't get drowsy but when I went to sleep, boy did I sleep:eek: couldn't wake up the next day!! I'd test it before you leave to see if you get drowsy or have side effects. Chez

I take Phenergan tablets, but I only take 1/2 - 1 tablet the day of sailing and then 1/4 the next day if needed.

Karen

Gee Karen, must be because the doctor prescribed two!! Hubby said i couldn't take them anymore cause he could never wake me in the morning!! though I really enjoy the deep sleep;)

Chez

I never took what was perscribed by the onboard doctor.

He gave me the injection because he could hear me through the walls:eek: and the cleaners were getting tired of following me from toilet to toilet cleaning up after me. The instructions for the Phenergan tablets said " take half to one tablet three daily for the prevention of seasickness"

I would never take that amount. A 1/4 of a tablet was perfect.

Karen

On our first cruise my wife used a product called "Travacalm" (or "Travelcalm") and it worked well (it was recommended by a Pharmasist near Circular Quay who was used to dealing with cruisers). I know it had some caffeine in it to counter the sleep inducing effect of the active ingredients. Phenergan definitely knocks me out for the count.....

Archived