Houston Hobby - Pre-Cruise

cruisinlawn

any suggestions for hotel? four adults for one night prior to sailing. we just need clean, safe location to crash, will be getting in late (midnight) so we don't care about restaraunts. Will use hotel shuttle or cab to get from airport to hotel that is close by. We don't need top of the line. Thanks.

We're staying at the Holiday Inn right next to Houston Hobby.

I used priceline and got a great deal.

Date: March 23 2007

Number of nights: 2 (pre cruise)

Hotel: Holiday Inn

Rating: 3 star

Area: Houston Hobby

Site: Priceline

Winning Bid: $50 (per night)

Taxes & Service Fees: $26.98 (total)

136.98 for 2 nights total.

Looks really nice in the pictures. We want to do some sight seeing around Houston before the cruise.

Michelle

If you go to the airport website, they should have a list of all airport hotels which is probably your best bet getting in so late. From what I've read, the cruise port isn't close to the airport so you could save your travel for the next day by cab to get there.

that would be my plan, stay local at Hobby and commute Saturday a.m. I know all the chain hotels are at Hobby, I just need a referral for clean, safe place to crash for the night. THanks for the input.

As for reviews, I've looked up the specific hotel on google, then maybe tripadviser when I can't find any first hand experience. Or if you go to http://www.biddingfortravel.com and go to Houston and then the Hotel List, then specifically to Houston Hobby Airport, there will be links to all the hotels that come up on priceline and sometimes there will be reviews from people who have stayed.

I just booked the Holiday Inn Hobby Airport through Priceline for $47 plus tax. Price on the Holiday Inn website is $74. Place looks pretty nice. Rated 3 stars, same as nearby Marriott and Hilton. If you bid on a 3 star hotel near Hobby, you will probably get Holiday Inn. If not, the other hotels are still adequate. If you don't want to deal with Priceline, the regular Holiday Inn price is probably the best deal. Others to consider are Marriott, Hilton, and Drury Inn. Check Expedia, Travelocity, etc. for all the choices.

anyone have any experience with the Baymont or Courtyard Marriot at Hobby?

My husband and I have stayed at Marriott before and it was great! Very clean and they will always upgrade you (at no extra charge) if they have a better room than the one you booked when you're checking in. We are flying into IAH on the 30th of March and staying at the Sheraton $80

• 2 weeks later...

I suggest that you look at the Pre Cruise Package offered by the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Houston Hobby Airport. It's a great deal. You get a suite, hot breakfast and 2 round trip transfers to the port of Galveston or Houston for only $169 plus tax.

It is listed on the Marriott "Deals" website.

http://marriott.com/specials/mesOffer.mi?marrOfferId=130892&displayLink=true

Or, you can visit http://www.PreCruiseHouston.com

Best wishes!

We're staying at the Holiday Inn right next to Houston Hobby.

I used priceline and got a great deal.

Date: March 23 2007

Number of nights: 2 (pre cruise)

Hotel: Holiday Inn

Rating: 3 star

Area: Houston Hobby

Site: Priceline

Winning Bid: $50 (per night)

Taxes & Service Fees: $26.98 (total)

136.98 for 2 nights total.

Looks really nice in the pictures. We want to do some sight seeing around Houston before the cruise.

Michelle

you should call the hotel directly, instead of using something like priceline. the hotel usually will match the price and then you dont have to pay priceline (or another service's) fees for finding that price. also, many times, the rates online are cheaper. i work for airline, and do lots of travel and stayed in many hotels. just call them direct, and ask them their price. refer to priceline or whomever you got your quote.

hope this helps.

We have stayed at the Drury Inn which is close to Hobby airport numerous times. Great hotel at a great price. It even includes breakfast. I'm the Chief Engineer at a 1511 room 4 diamond resort in Texas and I've always been impressed with the upkeep of this hotel.

I just had my priceline bid accepted for the Holiday Inn Houston Hobby Airport for 3/30/2007 for $45 + $14.83(Taxes).

I bid for a 3 star in the Hobby airport area. I got it accepted on the first try.

We will be on the NCL Dream and are also looking for others on this ship to join us for a cave tubing excursion we have arranged for $40 per person. Check out the roll call forum for this cruise for more information.

• 1 month later...
any suggestions for hotel? four adults for one night prior to sailing. we just need clean, safe location to crash, will be getting in late (midnight) so we don't care about restaraunts. Will use hotel shuttle or cab to get from airport to hotel that is close by. We don't need top of the line. Thanks.

Most of the hotels are very good around the Hobby airport. Most have free shuttle service to thos hotels. If you need to get to the ship the next day it is about an hour ride. I found EZ Cruise Connection to be the best way to make those transfers to the ship and back to Hobby.

Hope this helps you

Archived