For those who know the NO area

eyzwdeshut

I have reservations at Hotel Royal New Orleans (formerly the Rue Royal Inn) in a few weeks. Was wondering if anyone could tell me about the area where it's located - Royal & St. Phillip (i think) or the hotel itself. I have read many differing reviews on it & wanted to hear some opinions that I trust. :o

Location is in a less "touristy" portion of of the Quarter. The immediate neighborhood will be a little more geared toward residents, a bit funkier and authentic. I don't know the hotel, but tripadvisor.com doesn't rate it very high. However some reviewers liked it. You know how it is when you allow everyone to have an opinion.

I have reservations at Hotel Royal New Orleans (formerly the Rue Royal Inn) in a few weeks. Was wondering if anyone could tell me about the area where it's located - Royal & St. Phillip (i think) or the hotel itself. I have read many differing reviews on it & wanted to hear some opinions that I trust. :o

The area is a good area - should be safe and quiet. The hotel itself is a boutique hotel. Some people love them and some would rather be in a cookie-cutter hotel (like Holiday Inn, etc.)

Archived