Crown one way from NYC to San Juan in October

Rower76

Just got back 3 days ago from my first Princess cruise on the Star and really enjoyed it. Already looking at trips for later this year! Noticed that the Crown has a one way sailing from NYC to San Juan on October 20. Once it arrives in San Juan, it begins its Southern route.

I know this is a new ship, and if it did this route at all in 2006, did anyone do this trip?

It is 3 days at sea out of NY, then St. Thomas, Antigua, St. Kitts, and disembarkation in San Juan.

Wondering how people liked it and if 3 days at sea right up front was too much?

Thanks!

Marisa

Read this thread and contact partyboy, who started it.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=425490

He did the repositioning cruise in October (as did many others on this roll call). He can tell you what it was like. And if you decide to go, plan on meeting up with him - he is a LOAD of fun! We met up with him on our Nov. 4 cruise and had a great time with him and the otherswe met on the ship from CC.

Thanks for the link! I'll try and chat with partyboy and some of the other peolple who are on that roll call.

Anyone else have any thoughts about this repositioning cruise (or them in general)? Seem like a lot of people are eager for it based on the roll call for that thread, so it must be good, right? :)

Marisa

We once sailed from Boston on a repo cruise with NCL. We went to Bermuda, then St. Croix, St. Martin, St. Thomas and ended up in San Juan. We sailed in late October and it took 10 days.

The seas were OK, it was rainy and cold when we left Boston. After one day at sea, the sky was clear. No other weather problems. Of course, you know that the weather changes all the time and what is good one day can go back the next. We did this cruise simply for the days at sea. We like them. That is also why we took our Alaska cruise from San Francisco, to get the extra days at sea.

One of the big problems with this type of sailing is packing different clothes, Sweats and sweaters for the north portion and shorts and t-shirts for the southern portion. My guess will be that there will be many cruisers from the NYC area on this October sailing, then they have only one air fare to get back home.

Jim

We were also on the repo out of NY last year, and yes the seas were REALLY rough, probably one of the worse storms I ever sailed through! But we are going to try the repo again this year, I am hoping that was just a fluke. After the first two days (about when we got by Florida) the weather was fine and it was smooth sailing.

Archived