coffee card on the Grand Princess, details please

happy cruzer

Hi, There was a thread that mentioned the Coffee Card that Princess offers.

Is it offered on the Grand?

How much does it cost?

Where can it be used? and for what kind of coffee drinks?

It can be shared by two?

Where are the specialty coffees served?

I like lattes and DH likes dark roast coffee.

The previous thread mentioned that there was place that you could show the card and get Starbuck's style (vs. the that in the buffet area) coffee for free (i.e.. no punch) on that ship it was the Pasterria Bar, is there a place like that on the Grand? This is probably the decision maker for me, we like speciality coffee but also like good coffee if the card gets us both then we will probably get the card.

Hi There,

Coffee card, can be got at lobby bar cost has gone up but I think its around $20 some thing, still works out cheaper than just buying cups of coffee, can be used by anyone, not sure on full range of coffee but lattes etc can be had I think there is only three bars that you use the card at including horizon court.

I think the coffee card is worth it .

yours Shogun

The card is $27 which includes a 15% tip. It is for 15 specialty coffees which can be shared with anyone since it's not an unlimited amount. The card can be used in some of the bars (ask before ordering), and all of the dining rooms including horizon court. I didn't use it for regular coffee so I can't say for sure that you can get unlimited amounts without getting card punched. However, others have said this is so. I purchased my card in the lobby bar on the first day of the cruise. I have heard (though not verified) that it is only offered on the first day. I still had punches left on my next cruise, and was still able to use the card. I like to have a specialty coffee after dinner and the asst. waiter did not punch my card so I still have the same punches left over for another cruise.:p :p

Agree with everything so far...just remember, the whole specialty coffee thing is kind of "new" to Princess. This isn't Starbucks. You can get very basic coffee drinks (lattes, cappucinos, espresso) with a few flavors - but if you order a double-pump, no foam, sugar free vanilla, soy latte - you will most likely be met with a blank stare.

At least on Caribbean Princess, I thought the ones served in the dining room were better than the ones at the bar for some reason.

Archived