Canadian Mined Diamonds?

Chat Noir

I've been saving for a nice (small) pair of diamond earrings. After researching, I've decided they will be my souvenir from my next Alaskan cruise. Any recommendations for a reputable store to purchase authentic Canadian mined diamonds (such as Polar Bear Diamonds or Eskimo Diamonds) at the Canadian or Alaskan ports found on a RT cruise?

I should say the Polar Bear diamonds especially facinate me because of the polar bear engraving... but likely that little engraving will up the cost over some of the others? Any northerners have experience with purchasing these?

I've been saving for a nice (small) pair of diamond earrings. After researching, I've decided they will be my souvenir from my next Alaskan cruise. Any recommendations for a reputable store to purchase authentic Canadian mined diamonds (such as Polar Bear Diamonds or Eskimo Diamonds) at the Canadian or Alaskan ports found on a RT cruise?

I should say the Polar Bear diamonds especially facinate me because of the polar bear engraving... but likely that little engraving will up the cost over some of the others? Any northerners have experience with purchasing these?

You may find your answer here.

http://www.polarbeardiamond.com/pages/wheretobuy.asp

I don't think you can actually see the engraving. It's just a way to ensure where the stone came from.

Thanks for buying Canadian ;)

Oh and by the way, that site might not be so great. I've just found others through google all claiming to be the exclusive seller of the diamond. I live in Ontario Canada and we can get them here too in jewellery stores. Just be careful where you get it from - make sure you get papers proving where the diamond came from.

Thank you. Even though I'm aware the polar bear can't be seen without magnification, I think it's a unique and enterprising way for ensuring authenticity.:) Though like anything else, I'm sure there can be 'knock off's...

I can purchase via internet, or even somewhat locally, I guess it's just a thing with me that I'd like to get them while I'm on a trip which includes visiting Canada.

Thanks for the replies.

Archived