Building Freedom of the Seas on Science Channel tonight...

i-m-ed

I too will check it out tonight, I think it was the Freedom episode with Smantha Brown that got me hooked :D she did one years ago departing from NY but I forgot what ship that was and waht the itin. was also, but I will catch this one also.

Me too. And I still have it. That and Samantha Brown on Freedom. Very entertaining.

Are you sure this is the same show? The one with Samantha was on Discover and a cutsie, look what we can do show. This one being on the Science channel suggests, to me, a possibly more technical look.

Are you sure this is the same show? The one with Samantha was on Discover and a cutsie, look what we can do show. This one being on the Science channel suggests, to me, a possibly more technical look.

This is more technical, really interesting. It shows Freedom leaving the yard being pulled by tugs that cut thru the ice for her.

I was speaking of BOTH shows. i.e. why I said I still have that AND the samantha brown show on dvr. ;) The science channel show on the building of Freedom was aired over the summer, and Samantha Brown was aired in December. I tivo'd both of them.

What a great show! My first time seeing it. The scenes going under the bridge in Hamburg was outstanding. Steel cutting underwater, wow!

I used to build RC cars and worked with roller bearings that had a diameter of 3/8s of an inch, so seeing the bearing removed from the propeller shaft was amazing.

At the end being able to pause the video when they had a full shot of the starboard side (completed ship) I was able to see my upcoming balcony.

When they fillm the same for Genesis I hope they do it in Hi-def, that was the only thing missing.

Archived