Is there a place like this?

trout96

I will be on the Freedom in June and have only been on one other cruise. My dh and I spent almost all our time at the back of the ship. There were chairs there it was covered and a bar near by. It was great. Not crowded. Will there be someplace on the ship like this? I just like to relax and let the world go by quietly.

On the Lido deck, in the very far aft behind the pool there should be an "indoor" kind of seating with big floor to ceiling windows and tables with chairs. The bar is about 20 feet from that area. Not real quiet when the pool is "hopping", but it sounds like what you're describing. ;)

The aft portion of the Lido deck has a pool, but no slide or stage for music and such, so it is a quieter pool area than the central pool. There are tables and chairs tucked into the shade. I don't think the Freedom has a retractable cover (as the Spirit class ships do in this area). There are also lounge chairs around the pool, and a bar on one side. The pizzeria and a grill line are at the front of this area. We like to hang out here, especially at the most aft tables, where we watch the wake, read out books, and drink iced tea.

Another nice quiet place is on the Lobby deck. On either side of the lobby is open deck, with lounge chairs. The bar is inside the lobby, and I've never seen a waiter out there, except to pick up dirty glasses, but we often pick up a drink at the bar and go out on whichever side is shady to read, doze, and watch the sea. It's a great place to watch for dolphins.

Virginia (another fan of the quiet cruise)

The aft portion of the Lido deck has a pool, but no slide or stage for music and such, so it is a quieter pool area than the central pool. There are tables and chairs tucked into the shade. I don't think the Freedom has a retractable cover (as the Spirit class ships do in this area). There are also lounge chairs around the pool, and a bar on one side. The pizzeria and a grill line are at the front of this area. We like to hang out here, especially at the most aft tables, where we watch the wake, read out books, and drink iced tea.

Another nice quiet place is on the Lobby deck. On either side of the lobby is open deck, with lounge chairs. The bar is inside the lobby, and I've never seen a waiter out there, except to pick up dirty glasses, but we often pick up a drink at the bar and go out on whichever side is shady to read, doze, and watch the sea. It's a great place to watch for dolphins.

Virginia (another fan of the quiet cruise)

The Freedom should have the retractable cover in the AFT... the Valor and Conquest did at least. It is MUGGY back there though when the cover is closed... ugh.

Archived