Limetree Beach Questions

scaaty

Hi all,

Has anyone ever been to Limetree beach? DH was there years ago and we're wondering if still a good location for a quiet relaxing day at the beach. My questions are:

Are there chairs for rent?

Are there shady spots or umbrellas for rent?

Is the beach very rocky?

Is it fairly easy to get in and out of the water?

Is there a place to get cold drinks (non-alcoholic)?

Is there a place for lunch?

Is it easy to get taxi's to go back to the ship?

Thanks for your help!

Hello,

It is still a quiet beach. There aren't any chairs for rent. There are chairs - they are intended for the people staying in the timeshare property that is there. There are some shady spots up at the tree line but on the beach itself you are in the sun. Its a small beach. No umbrellas for rent, again there are some intended for the guests. The beach is rocky in some areas, mostly on the left side. The wave action and recent weather conditions makes the amount of sand vary a lot (more so then I notice at other beaches). The water deepens quickly but getting in and out isn't a problem (unless the water is rough). Is this a major concern? There is a pool side bar/cafe, they serve burgers, hot dogs, sandwiches, salads, chicken fingers etc. from the restaurant which I don't think is open for lunch but the kitchen is so that is why lunch is served by the pool bar (or this was the case last I checked a few months ago). There aren't usually taxis waiting around there, you might want to arrange that the one that drops you there return for you at a set time or get their card and ask the bartender or the person in the gift shop to call them or another taxi for you when you are ready to go.

--Islander

Hello,

The water deepens quickly but getting in and out isn't a problem (unless the water is rough). Is this a major concern?

--Islander

Islander,

Thanks for the quick response. Getting in and out is a concern due to wobbly arthritic knees. Tough getting old :cool:

Are there other quiet beaches you would recommend where there would be chairs and umbrellas for all to use and easy in/out of the water?

Hello,

If weather conditions are good Limetree should be fine. Other beaches... Magens Bay deepens gradually and is usually very calm, it is a popular beach so it usually isn't quiet; there are chairs for rent, no umbrellas but lots of shade under the palm and seagrape trees. Secret Harbor is also usually calm, and quiet. Lindberg is usually calm, not crowded, has chairs, shade under trees. Not many beaches have umbrellas for rent, Coki Beach does and the resort beaches usually have umbrellas set out for the hotel guests (some of which will rent umbrellas to non-guests, for example at Morningstar).

--Islander

ok didn't work....so gonna type it again....

Islander,

We are a family including me, my DH and DS (who will then be 5). We are cruising on Carnival to St. Thomas in August. I am looking for a resort area to hang out....with public beach. You mentioned a resort area so I was hoping you had more info. For example what resort, how to get to it from the Carnival dock, how much it would cost....are chairs available?....can the public use the pools?....or there beverages and food for sale to the public? I went to a resort area in Nassau and had the best day. It was cheap to get there...the pools were free to use....including a water slide.....there were drinks for sale, food for sale, and water sports available. Also free chairs...... Anything you can tell me about resort areas in St. Thomas would be very much appreciated. Thank you. :)

Hello Brenda,

There are several beach resorts on St. Thomas. The beaches are all public. Bolongo Bay sells daypasses for the hotel property and nonmotorized watersports. Wyndham sells a daypass for the hotel property (watersports not included). The watersports booth on Cowpet beach has a daypass for watersports stuff only. Emerald Beach Resort apparently doesn't mind non-guests that are customers (eating at the restaurant etc.) using the property. I don't think the Mariott properties, Secret Harbor or the Ritz's properties allow non-guests to use the pool, tennis courts etc. All the beach resorts allow non-guests to buy food and drinks at the restaurants/bars. Chairs and umbrellas at beach resort are usually for hotel guests, some charge non-guests to rent them. Hope that helps.

--Islander

Islander...

So if I am reading correctly, sounds like Emerald Beach Resort is the easiest going and if I eat and drink I can use their pool, etc? Well I love to eat and drink so guess I'm in. Do you know how much a taxi costs to get there?

Brenda-we spent the day at Emerald Beach a couple of years ago. We loved it there. We had contacted them by email a couple of months before to make sure we could spend the day there. We got there in the morning and lounged by the pool and went to the beach,came back for lunch there and spent some more time by the pool. Nice quiet place only 2 other people by the pool. More iguanas than people. The food was very good and not bad priced.They were very friendly there when we went. I don't remember how much the taxi was,maybe $5 each way?

Laura

Thank you! Sounds like exactly what I am looking for! I love to be able to hang out at a resort and use the pool without paying a day fee!!! Does anyone know which port Carnival Miracle docks at? Will a taxi driver know where Emerald Beach Resort is or do I need to be more particular? I assume children are allowed....?

Archived