The best place to buy Jewelry??

RJB7777777

Which Port Of Call has the best prices on Jewelry? We'll be going on the February 24th. Our Ports are Costa Maya, Santo Tomas De Castilla, Beliza City, and Cozumel in that order. I want to get my wife something special, but don't want to get gouged in the price. I would like something like a necklace and a ring but not real expenisve. We've been married for 34 years and she really naver has asked for much, what a great woman. I would also like your opinion on souvenirs. Which one has the best prices to buy them at.

Thanks, Rick

We loved the wood carvings we bought in Belize. Handmade and beautiful. My biggest regret is not getting more. I guess we'll just have to go back :)

I also would guess that Cozumel would have the best selection of jewelry from the ports you mentioned. I would recommend knowing your prices before you leave the states since its hard to know what you are buying otherwise.

We loved the wood carvings we bought in Belize. Handmade and beautiful. My biggest regret is not getting more. I guess we'll just have to go back :)

I also would guess that Cozumel would have the best selection of jewelry from the ports you mentioned. I would recommend knowing your prices before you leave the states since its hard to know what you are buying otherwise.

We have bought Jewelry in Cozumel the last two trips.

Be sure and haggle, haggle, haggle. Even in the "name brand" stores. I bought my wife a ring at 30% of the starting price. We shopped and haggled, got them down to 50%. Went on our way and went back just before the ship was leaving and offered 30% and they took it.

Enjoy!

If you shop in Costa Maya do not buy from the shops in port. You can get the same things in Mahahual MUCH cheaper which is a 3 minute bus ride from the port. It's $3.

Also beware, we found some places in port selling silver plated jewlery, rather than real silver.

My finance and I bought my engagement ring setting in port in Costa Maya however.

Archived