Dominica River Tubing

Trail46

For those who have done this, do I have it right that it takes forty minutes to get there, by bus, I guess? And is it at all scary or dangerous? I love the water and it sounds like fun, but I'm not all that adventurous!

DH and I had SO much fun on this tour!! It didn't take THAT long to get there, but when we did get there the intertubes weren't there yet so we had to wait. It wasn't that bad. But, my GOD, was it fun! When we did it, the river was moving VERY quickly that day. We were told it was much faster and more dangerous than usual. We had white water almost all the way down. This was my favorite tour we took the whole cruise. We were supposed to get some rum punch, but because we were running late, the place that was hired to serve us closed and wouldn't re-open once we got there.

But the river tubing was soooo much fun!

This tour is a lot of fun. Yes it does take about 40 minutes to get to the start of the tour in a mini-van. The roads are like the roads on most of the islands in the Caribbean -- narrow, tourtous with occation pot holes. Getting there can be exciting. The tour itself can have a lot or some whitr water -- depends on the time of year. We went in April and the rive was low. Save some money and contact the Wacky Roller people. Same tour, fewer people, more attention, better service.

I too HAD A BLAST, although my rear found every rock in that river. I didn't think the ride there and back was that bad, but I kinda vegged (or zoned) out and enjoyed the scenery.

If you get the chance, do take this excursion!

I did the river tubing twice last year, once in February and then again in March. The first time I was a little nervous prior to getting to the river because I am not a strong swimmer. No worries. They give ou life jackets (all are required to wear them) and the trip was just plain fun. I don't know how anyone can say their butt caught all the rocks in the river?????? Every tube has a plywood base, so therefore you may hit things but never a direct BUTT hit. As I say soooooo much fun I did it twice.

I did the tubing last March. It was great. I think you are correct that it took about 40 minutes to get there. Our mini-van was confortable, and the driver gave us an informative narrative on his island.

The tube I had did have the wooden bottom. The water was not cold, but refreshing. Everyone did get completely wet and had a really good time.

I enthusiastically recommend this one.

Enjoy!

I concur with everyone else that this was a great tour. It's certainly more dangerous than a bus trip, for example, but don't let that scare you. I actually got tossed from my tube in the roughest part of the river, and it was quite scary, but other than bruised shins I was fine.

Archived