Sprit questions...kid concerns

Smileymom

Hello ..This is our first cruise on NCL. We will be on the Spirit and are traveling with our 2 children. I have few questions I hope someone can answer.

We don't general allow the children to drink soda all day:eek: . On our past cruise on RCCL they had lemonade available throughout the day. From what I hear there is nothing like that other then ice tea and water on the Spirit. If its freshed brewed my kids won't drink it. I have no problem buying the soda card if juice could be substituted for the soda. Does anyone know if this is the case or are soda cards only for soda drinks?

My son is excited to hear that the Spirit has an arcade. However I don't plan to provide him with a weeks worth of video money, I have told him he needs to bring his own. So he would like to know if the cost of arcade games on a cruise the same as on land( $.25- $1.00) or are they pricer? And by any chance are there any free arcade games?:D

Lastly, is there a formal night (or optional formal night) on the Spirit and if so which night would that be . We are on the Feb 10th 8 night Eastern Carib cruise.

There is juice, white and choc. milk and iced tea from concentrate available in the buffet. We also would fill two large insulated water bottles with juice and ice in the mornings from the buffet that would last nearly all day. Also if you are eating breakfast lunch or dinner in the dining rooms they will serve the kids juice or white or chocolate milk.

We were on the Spirit last March and there was always something for the kids to drink other than soda. I don't recall the arcade games being too pricey, but then again I don't really remember. I believe the optional formal nights will be the first and last sea days.

Hello ..This is our first cruise on NCL. We will be on the Spirit and are traveling with our 2 children. I have few questions I hope someone can answer.

We don't general allow the children to drink soda all day:eek: . On our past cruise on RCCL they had lemonade available throughout the day. From what I hear there is nothing like that other then ice tea and water on the Spirit. If its freshed brewed my kids won't drink it. I have no problem buying the soda card if juice could be substituted for the soda. Does anyone know if this is the case or are soda cards only for soda drinks?

My son is excited to hear that the Spirit has an arcade. However I don't plan to provide him with a weeks worth of video money, I have told him he needs to bring his own. So he would like to know if the cost of arcade games on a cruise the same as on land( $.25- $1.00) or are they pricer? And by any chance are there any free arcade games?:D

Lastly, is there a formal night (or optional formal night) on the Spirit and if so which night would that be . We are on the Feb 10th 8 night Eastern Carib cruise.

We took our 6, 8, and 10 year olds on a Spirit cruise in December 2005 and about half of the games in the arcade were free. However, since then, I haven't seen free arcade games on the Dawn or the Sun, so I'm not sure if it was a one time thing or it was always that way.

Hope this helps.

Tom:

Just be forewarned that the juice in Raffles isn't all juice. It's Orange Cocktail (or cranberry cocktail, apple, etc). We were disappointed that we couldn't get 100% juice products on the Spirit (1/2/07 sailing). If your children like it, though, bring an insulated pitcher to stock up for the day; not all varieties may be available all day long. If you have room, bring a small cooler for your cabin; the room steward will keep it supplied with ice. And if your kids are really fussy (like mine was), bring some of their favorite juice boxes.

on our aug cruise last year the soda card was only for soda.

in the morning only was there juice.

there is hot tea, coffee, water all day inthe buffet.

you can get the frozen drink coupons--20 coupons for $34.50.

you can get either frozen virgin drinks or soda.

most games were 1dollar in the arcade.

Archived