Infant On Cruise

applesauce12

What is the youngest age anyone has taken thier child on a cruise?

my daughters both took their babies with them last december on the Jewel. One was 20 months, the other 8 months. Originally they had arranged for in laws to look after them, but at the last minute they both decided they would miss them too much and brought them along as well. There wasnt an awful lot they could do with them, although the night they came to cagneys with the rest of us, NCL were very accomodating and they were welcomed there. Most of the time they ate in the garden cafe where there was an area for parents and children. If you want any more info do email me: delice.taylor@allcomm.co.uk

Delice

6 months is the minimum age.

go for it! we took our son (now almost 13 months) on the ncl jewel out of barcelona at 7 months and the ncl sun out of new orleans this past december at 11 months and we are headed on the star this march!

we are very lucky that our son is extremely well behaved so we eat in the main dining room and even had 1 early dinner in the steakhouse (i do recommend avoiding later evening dining in the specialty restaurants out of respect for your fellow passengers).

We have taken him to a few shows (mostly music/kareoke cause he likes to dance), and short of making sure we sit near the door in case we need to make an exit, no problems.

The staff is fabulous with him. In the dining rooms they mas him oragami animals and were constantly talking to him and making him smile. The room stewards made up his little crib every night. They were rally great. In my opinion it's far easier than doing a land based vacation (we added a week in spain to the 1st cruise and we did puerto rico when he was 3 months) because you bring everything and just leave it in the room and pack a little bag for the day!

In my opinion it's far easier than doing a land based vacation (we added a week in spain to the 1st cruise and we did puerto rico when he was 3 months) because you bring everything and just leave it in the room and pack a little bag for the day!

Not sure how this is different than a land-based vacation. Wouldn't just pack a little bag for the day and leave the rest in the hotel room?

i guess i meant my land based vacations, sorry about that

we tend to travel around once we get to a place not really staying in 1 location. iwth the cruise it moves us around and we don't have to schlep everything from hotel to hotel.

so no, if you stayed in 1 hotel i guess it's pretty similar, although having the dining right there (esp with ncl so you can plan mealtimes around naps and whatnot) makes it easier thatn having to go find db/l/d each day..

6 months is the min. They won't let you any younger? What cruise did you go on when he was 3 months?

Apparently this is a new change. I guess the policy has been in affect for some time, but the enforcing of it is new - like last week new. A member posted an e-mail she had received from NCL.

We had a number of infants under six months on our November cruise.

It was posted by uptopia2064

I just received an email stating that infants under the age of 6 months at the time of embarkation will no longer be allowed to sail if they've booked after January 16th. I don't have kids, so it doesn't effect me, but what do you all think about the new policy? Any idea why they put it into affect?

Here's the email...

Dear Valued Guest,

We have received notification from Norwegian Cruise Line regarding new policies for all sailings.

Effective immediately, NCL / NCLA will no longer allow infants that are under the age of 6 months to sail on any vessel. Any infant booked prior to 1/16/2007 will be allowed to sail. Additionally, all guests will be denied boarding if their infant is under the age of 6 months at time of embarkation.

If you booked a cruise with Norwegian Cruise Lines after January 16, 2007 and have an infant traveling with you that will not be 6 months old at the time of your cruise, contact us immediately for further assistance.

With the conflicting ages, I'm wondering if the age of 6 months is the 'paying' age? And infants under that free? I'm not sure, but I've seen some tiny ones.

No, NLC is one of the few lines that doesn't charge for chrildren under 2. Of course port charges and government taxes are a requirement. NMNita

Archived