Barbados Beaches

Trail46

Any recommendations on Barbados beaches that offer chair/umbrella rentals, a restroom, fairly calm water and accessible by taxi? I received great recommendations for Dominica - photos, even! I am constantly amaxed at how many of you will take the time to help a complete stranger!

Any recommendations on Barbados beaches that offer chair/umbrella rentals, a restroom, fairly calm water and accessible by taxi? I received great recommendations for Dominica - photos, even! I am constantly amaxed at how many of you will take the time to help a complete stranger!

Ive got the perfect beach for you...Malibu beach, we love it!! Its located at the malibu rum factory,and is a short cab ride from the port. $10 admission gets you umbrellas, chairs, a free drink and a tour of the factory(during operating hours). They've got food, bar, restrooms, showers and lockers.. Its a nice quiet white sand beach on the calm caribbean side of the island, you can see the ships from there. Further away is Boatyard beach, its the most popular and is usually pretty busy, if someone likes to boogie board or body surf then crane beach on the atlantic side is good.

I too was looking for a beach in Barbados, and this one sounds good. Just one more thing, do you get lots of hastling to buy things or is it pretty peaceful?

They have a few people who have permission to offer activities so you get a few guys trying to rent you jet skis and such when you first arrive, but its not a continuous hassle of pushy people selling stuff like many other beaches. We've been there twice and both times its been quite peaceful. Theres also some areas with a few trees for shade if youre looking to escape the blazing sun.

Archived