Freedom of the Seas...balcony cabin layout?

I have not sailed on Freedom of the Seas yet but friends will be on her in March. The parents have booked a balcony cabin (#7364) and their three daughters will be in an inside cabin across the hall. The two teenage girls will be fine on their own but the parents are a little worried that their nine year old will be anxious with this situation.

The question: Can anyone tell me about the layout of a balcony cabin on Freedom...and specifically #7364 if possible? Is there a couch in the parents' cabin that the little girl could sleep on, if needed? Or does the cabin layout just have the standard chair and little table?

It's the first cruise for the family and they are not enjoying the anticipation as much as they should because of this concern. I know that one parent could move into the inside cabin which would create space for the little girl to sleep with the other parent in the balcony cabin, but they would really prefer to just have her in their balcony cabin, if possible.

We would appreciate any help!

Kathy

I myself have not been on the Freedom yet either. My guess is there is a sofa/loveseat.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cabinclass/cabinTypes/cabinType/cabin/home.do;jsessionid=00003fevm5rbeu2IshuQ_mcWvXU:10ktmer4a?shipCode=FR&cabincls=B&cabinType=DO&br=R&deckCode=07

this is the pic that I get for that type cabin.

Also you may be able to request a cot if the little girl is having problems in the inside. The cot will be placed in your cabin in the evenings and taken back out during the day. This request can be made through the cabin steward.

I've just been in 6608 which is the same 'class' of cabin. You get a double bed, upright chair for the dressing table, 2 seat sofa and round coffee table. Theoretically I suppose she could sleep on the sofa, but they are fairly hard (as opposed to a bed) and she would need to be less than 4' tall to fit, but I tend to agree madforcruising about whether RCI would let you do this, unless its a real 'emergency'. I'm sure that once she is on the ship and joins the kids clubs (if thats their intention) she will have a whale of time and will be too tired to worry about where Mum and Dad are!!

Simon

I could be wrong, but my understanding is that their are safety regulations on the amount of pax allowed for 3/4 cabins. As long as this pax paid to be in a cabin she is accounted for. The rule is in regards to having enough room on lifeboats for pax to use in case of emergency. I have seen cabins with college kids in them , some had 7 kids sleeping in an inside cabin. They most likely were paid for to sleep in other cabins, but since the party was in that certain cabin and thats where they crashed, why would the cabin steward care. All he cares about is keeping the rooms cleaned and getting a good tip!

I could be wrong, but my understanding is that their are safety regulations on the amount of pax allowed for 3/4 cabins. As long as this pax paid to be in a cabin she is accounted for. The rule is in regards to having enough room on lifeboats for pax to use in case of emergency. I have seen cabins with college kids in them , some had 7 kids sleeping in an inside cabin. They most likely were paid for to sleep in other cabins, but since the party was in that certain cabin and thats where they crashed, why would the cabin steward care. All he cares about is keeping the rooms cleaned and getting a good tip!

I could be wrong as well but I would think there´s a difference between teens crashing at a party and the steward bringing in a Cod for the 9 year old on a regular basis.

Is the nine year old anxious? or are the parents? Is she anxious about being alone in the cabin? How old are the teens? She could always fall asleep on the couch and when the teens come in be moved in her cabin for the rest of the night. I believe there is a curfew for the teens anyway. Not sure if the steward would move in a cot but as far as the girl sleeping on the couch no one would care.

:) Thanks for all the input, everyone.

Cindy, the older girls are 16 and 14. The parents really do want to have the balcony cabin to themselves but the 9 year old is worried at being in a different room and down the hall from mom and dad. If there is a loveseat in the cabin, putting her to sleep there and then moving her down the hall to the inside later sounds like a good idea. I'm sure it will all work out and that everyone will have a great time.....I think it's just some 'first cruise' anxiety about the unknown.

Kathy

Archived