Suggestions out of NY/NJ?

Surfgirl

I've sailed NCL in the past, and would like to try Celebrity.

Here's what I'm looking for.... I'd like to cruise sometime before the end of March to someplace WARM out of NY or NJ on a five to seven day cruise. I prefer smaller ships (I really don't like the new behemouth floating neon boxes).

Can anyone make any suggestions?

Also... I "may" be going alone.. not sure yet. If so, does Celebrity have any decent fares for solo cruisers, or do you have to pay double?

And one other question... what is the situation with parking on the docks of NY or NJ? Do you have to reserve ahead? How much per day do they charge?

Thanks in advance for your help! :)

A search on VTG shows NCL Dawn and Spirit, and HAL Noordam sailing out of NYC (but nothing out of Bayonne) for Feb. & March. http://www.*****.com/ticker.cfm

We've parked at both piers (Manhattan and Bayonne) - reservations weren't required. Here are links to parking info:

http://www.nycruiseterminal.com/terminal.html

http://www.cruiseliberty.com/dirpark.htm

Celebrity's Zenith will still be sailing out of Bayonne until March or April. It's a smaller ship that does a R/T to Bermuda.

I doubt that there are price breaks for singles...

Zenith is currently sailing out of Tampa, not Bayonne. They only do the Bermuda cruises during the summer.

Thanks for your responses, Susan and nvlc...

Wow... I had thought there were more ships going out of the NY/NJ ports this winter. I cruised on the NCL Crown to Bermuda two years ago, and was planning on doing that again in June since she is being sold. (I love the Crown because she's a small ship.) That's why I'm looking for someplace else to go in Feb or March.

I think after that, I may be done with NCL because they're starting to become the "Walmart" of cruising. I think the fact that they now really loosening up the dress code (for example, now they allow jeans in the dining rooms for dinner) tells us the direction they're heading. I prefer a less casual atmosphere.

Anybody else with ideas?

Takes most ships 2 days to make orlando so a cruise out of NY 5 to7 days for somewhere warm just not going to happen in Feb/march.

Celebrity and RCCL sail out of Cape Liberty (which is really a horrible terminal...sry folks nyer here, but so are the NY piers)

Parking a cape liberty does not have to be reserved but be aware u park at your own risk, cars have wound up with the mist of paint from ships because that port repaints ship and depending on the day the wind blows onto the cars, huge report about it on one of the local channels. Couple tried to sue the cruiseline and parking area, but u park at your own risk...they are thinking of offering tarps for an extra charge to help alleviate the problem

Archived