Jewelry in Grand Caymen

ruthiegirl

Anyone purchase diamond rings in the caymens? How about on the ship Bought a "silver" chain for my son in St Martin and the "Silver" came off on his neck! I've heard of good deals but haven"t found them yet except for our cruise price any info would be appreciated.:confused: :confused: :confused:

I purchased a sterling silver necklace in Grand Cayman two and a half weeks ago at a new shop called "Silver Splash." The first Del Sol that you see will be there. Like right next to that is a place called Caye Galleries or something. If you go in it's open and you walk around until you get to Cathy's place. It's VERY reasonable pricing/good quality. I paid $28 for a Marquisite sterling silver necklace.

Oh You didn't fall for the silver by the inch did you? Or were you just taken for your hard earned $$. Just so you know, NEVER buy gold or silver by the inch. It's plated and will wear off in a couple weeks. Now if you don't plan on wearing more than twice a year, then go ahead, but for everyday use, DON'T DO IT. Take it from someone who spent @ $165.00 on the stuff on our first cruise. Everytime I see them set up I just want to tell the people, don't buy it. But then I'd be kicked off of the ship and that would ruin my vacation.:eek:

Now on the ship DW did purchase a .50 carat diamond pendant with a white gold chain for less than 1/2 of the original cost and I got a Citizen Eco-Drive watch at 44% off. There are some deals out there. A favorite place for us to buy jewelry is, Majestic Jewelers in St. Thomas. They're just outside the Havensight Site Mall, across the street. Very good deals there. Keep hemming about it and the price will come down. Plus I told them that I was a repeat customer, which I was, and the price came down another 10%.

They have beautiful jewelry at Bernard Passman - it is black coral and many of his pieces have diamonds. My parents bought some new jewelry at another store when we were there a couple weeks ago...I think it was Kirk Fried-something. Sorry I cant be more helpful. What other islands are you going to? If you are heading back to St. Maartin, there is a jeweler there we continue to return to who is phenomenal.

Archived