Doc Dance IN Maryland!!

bethm214

So happy to hear you got your docs for the 8/29 Conquest.... maybe I'll get mine for the 9/19 Conquest sailing in the upcoming weeks!!!!! My TA says that Carnival has been really good about getting them out early... fingers and toes are crossed.

trying to get the dh to make some commitments. i have already decided that i would like to do the sting ray trip in cayman (done it already but dh and ds have not and i will go to take the pics!), sunset beach in jamaica and maybe dolphin swim in cozumel (again..I have done this but not them). i just hate paying those high prices!!!! I know to book on line and off-carnvial...but those tourist traps still have you by the snowballs.

I think if i was going alone, i would do a beach at each port or just stay on the ship and relax!!!

The last time i cruised to jamaica we rented a cab and had him take us to the REAL life parts of the island. we went to a hospital, a high school, a grade school, and the slums. The driver tried to talk us out of it, but i said..this is what i want to do..do you want my money or should i give it to someone else?

It was a great experience!

I did get a little nervous when our FIRST stop was beside the side of a mostly deserted road that was lined with tall crops. No one could see us and we could only see one other person. The only other person i could see was a poor looking man on the side of the road. The driver reached under his seat and took out a machete. I was really nervous.

He got out and talked to the man. He then proceeded to the edge of the crop and cut some off. He brought us back 3 pieces of fresh sugar cane. It was WONDERFUL!

The rest of the tour was delightful and we came away with a real idea of life in Jamaica. Despite the poverty, the children and their clothes were clean, and the steps to their houses/shacks were swept and painted in bright colors.

The children at the one room school house were in starched white clothes. It was definitely real life Jamaica! We even had to wait while a large number of goats crossed our dirt road path. If you ever want to see and interesting side of jamaica...try my style trip.

Archived