Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel

Clarkk W Griswald

Clarkk,

We stayed there for one night before our cruise about a month ago and we got in super late about 12:45 AM so I don't know what its like for daytime check in. When we got there, we had booked through Princess and they only had a room with one king size bed waiting for us (4 people) which was extremly annoying considering we had confirmed the room the day before. They got another room for us but the hotel overall was really nice. I can't say about the resturants nearby but the resturant inside was real nice and the transfer process (if you have it) was quite easy. Its right off the freeway so theres really good access to a lot of things. So yea the hotel is in a nice area plus the lake beside the hotel has a really nice walking path around it. But the people there were good at problem solving and check in and check out were very fast. You made a good choice (Just make sure to confirm the night before) :)

Clarkk,

We stayed there for one night before our cruise about a month ago and we got in super late about 12:45 AM so I don't know what its like. When we got there, we had booked through Princess and they only had a room with one king size bed waiting for us (4 people) which was extremly annoying considering we had confirmed the room the day before. They got another room for us but the hotel overall was really nice. I can't say about the resturants nearby but the resturant inside was real nice and the transfer process (if you have it) was quite easy. Its right off the freeway so theres really good access to a lot of things. So yea the hotel is in a nice area plus the lake beside the hotel has a really nice walking path around it. You made a good choice (Just make sure to confirm the night before) :)

Stayed there 2 weeks ago for our cruise on the Star. Arrived about 1:45 and was able to check in immediately! We didn't rent a car, so it was about a $30 cab ride for 2 people from the airport. Same cost to get to the Port too. Since we didn't rent a car, we ended up walking to dinner, and to buy booze. Over on the corner of University and some other cross street, there are a bunch of shops, restaurants, and an Albertson's grocery store with a liquor store attached. Ask the hotel staff and they can point you in the right direction. It is about a 1 mile walk each way, but we didn't mind since we were happy to walk around in warm weather.

As for restaurants, there was a Chilis, Carabbas, Applebees (i think), a local salad type restaurant, TCBY, and a seafood restaurant that we ate at called Grumpy Dicks. It was really good and we went there b/c we didn't want to eat at the same restaurants we could eat at home (Chillis etc...) There might have been a few other ones too. Oh, and there is a Marshalls in case you need to pick up any last minute clothes. We didn't go into it though b/c it is at the very far end of the plaza/strip mall.

We ate at the restaurant in the hotel for breakfast the morning of the cruise. We both had the buffet and it was good.

Very nice hotel, we would stay there again.

Marisa

Thanks for the quick replies!! Sounds like a nice place to stay.

We didn't rent a car, so it was about a $30 cab ride for 2 people from the airport. Same cost to get to the Port too.

Wow! $30 for a cab to the port? How far away is it? We have the transfers through Princess but were thinking of taking a take a cab because we want to get there early.

Its about a 10 minute drive from what I recall (our cab driver from the airport drove at 110 miles an hour so it was 5 minutes :eek: ) It is wise to get there early and the transfers are a tiny bit hectic. Our transfer was thankfully early and we got to explore the ship and be early to all the great sail-away spots :o

We are staying one night in March - and also arriving very late. How can you confirm reservation when Princess has booked the room? I'm guessing that we will receive some sort of confirmation when I print the docs? We also have the transfers - what time did you go to the port?

Thanks so much,

mollyanne:)

we are interested in feedback to this hotel as we will be staying there for one night pre-cruise in May. I might be getting a little confused though, are there two 'Renaissance Hotels' in FLL? :confused:

Ours is quite close to the pier and is booked through Princess - is it the same one we are talking about?

thanks

we are interested in feedback to this hotel as we will be staying there for one night pre-cruise in May. I might be getting a little confused though, are there two 'Renaissance Hotels' in FLL? :confused:

Ours is quite close to the pier and is booked through Princess - is it the same one we are talking about?

thanks

The Renaissance close to the pier is the one on 17th Street. The one in Plantation is different. 17th Street is a wonderful hotel, IMHO. We have stayed there in the past and will have one night post-cruise there in March. The new Princess brochure shows that 17th Street is their new FLL hotel (along with the Marriott North and Embassy Suites, I think), but when we booked our trip they still had the deal with Plantation so we are staying there.

The Renaissance close to the pier is the one on 17th Street. The one in Plantation is different. 17th Street is a wonderful hotel, IMHO. We have stayed there in the past and will have one night post-cruise there in March. The new Princess brochure shows that 17th Street is their new FLL hotel (along with the Marriott North and Embassy Suites, I think), but when we booked our trip they still had the deal with Plantation so we are staying there.

Thanks! I just went over to trip advisor and saw the two hotels you mentioned. You're right - the 17th street one looks great - nice swimming pool!

Thanks! I just went over to trip advisor and saw the two hotels you mentioned. You're right - the 17th street one looks great - nice swimming pool!

It is lovely. Other things we liked were the Starbucks in the lobby and the dining room has very good food. We had a package that included breakfast and a dinner voucher so it made sense to use them. There is a Walgreen's right across the street that we visited about 3 times! You will be very close to the causeway and can take a walk up there to see all the ships in port. The rooms were very comfortable. I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Archived