Zudeirdam - obstructed or partial view

olechka

We're in the process of booking a cruise on Zudeirdam and since we're booking last minute, not too many choices available.

Has anyone traveled in obstruction or partial sea view rooms? What exactly does that mean, can you see the outside a little bit? Would you pay $200 more for a sea view room?

TIA!

I had an obstructed view cabin on my first Noordam cruise. It was fine with me as I was upgraded to it---I'm usually a cave-dweller.

I had floor to ceiling windows with a cat-walk on the other side. Beyond that was a lifeboat.

I had daylight, could see the sky, knew what type of weather to expect. All in all I was quite pleased with it. I would never pay more for a view, but as I said---I'm usually in one of those very dark insides. ;)

I was on Westerdam, stateroom GG4095 and loved it. Any of the rooms that line up with the lifeboats on the back half of the ship, the windows of the lifeboats are HUGE and you can see a fair amount.

Also, all obstructed views on the Vistas have floor to ceiling windows.

I couldn't say anything bad about the GG room and would do it again with no questions asked :)

We're in the process of booking a cruise on Zudeirdam and since we're booking last minute, not too many choices available.

Has anyone traveled in obstruction or partial sea view rooms? What exactly does that mean, can you see the outside a little bit? Would you pay $200 more for a sea view room?

TIA!

TIA!

We just returned from the Zuiderdam...we were on January 13th to 20th. We had a HH category room (# 4061), which is an obstructed room view. From our room, you got a bit of a view as this room is right between the lifeboats. But not much of a view. The other HH rooms didn't really get any view as the lifeboat was right in front of their window. However, we were quite happy with it as we booked a MM guaranteed cabin and got upgraded.

I guess it depends if you want a view or not. With most of the obstructed view roooms, you won't get much of a view. For me, the view wasn't that important, so I probably wouldn't . But if it is important to you, then I would pay the extra $200.00.

I hope this helps!

Colleen

We were on Zuiderdam in 2003 and had cabins 4103 and 4105 (at that time classed as fully obstructed). There was a lifeboat directly in front of the window, but you could see through the lifeboat windows. As well you could see around the sides and down to the promenade one level down. If you don't want the darkness of an inside cabin this is great...not the best of views, but you'll have the daylight to wake you up and see what the weather is like. A word of warning...there's a catwalk outside the window so the crew can get to the lifeboats. We had a crew member walk by one day while we were at the window...we waved...he waved back. Keep the curtains closed if you want privacy!

Lynn

We had a partial obstructed cabin on Oosterdam (sister ship to Zuiderdam). Upper Promenade Deck.. cabin 4063. We had a pretty nice view since it was between 2 lifeboats. We would just peek out in the morning to see what the weather was like. Other than that no reason to stare out the window :D

Click on link below for picture of that cabin...

http://render2.snapfish.com/render2/is=Yup6aQQ%7C%3Dup6%3DzqH%3AxxqUD7qRUrKxzX7BHpUUKxgXPJ0%3F87KR6xqpxQQQ0xPePx0PoxQQQ0PeP0PonlQqpfVtB%3F*KUp7BHSHqqy7XH6gXPJ0%7CRup6Gnn%7C/of=50,590,441

Archived