Which ship, Eastern Carib., 7 & 9 yr. old?

cruisewiththekids

We would like to try an Eastern Caribbean cruise with our two kids, 7 and 9. We've sailed with them on Disney and also RC Enchantment. We thought the kids club was much better on Disney. Besides the Magic though, because of cost, can you recommend another ship that is really kid friendly? We also would prefer an itinerary that doesn't include 3 sea days.

The Norwegian Spirit has a fantastic kids' facility, second only to Disney. Here are some pics:

kids pool

pool again

indoor playground

huge arcade

(Sorry some are a little blurry.)

I know most itinerarys include 3 port days and 3 sea days, but you may be able to hunt around and find one with more ports. As far as kids go, I think bigger ship = more things to do.

We have sailed Carnival Glory and our children have really enjoyed it. Carnival has a very good kid's program. There is a water slide on Glory, 24 hour Pizza, plenty of soft serve ice cream ... all those things a growing kid needs.

We will be sailing Caribbean Princess in March. From wha I have read on the boards ... Princess is suppose to have an excellant kid's program, as well.

The intenerary is 3 ports/4 seadays I have found the majority of Easterns seem to be.

When do you want to sail? RCCL's Voyager class has tons of things for families to do, and a few of the ships have Eastern itineraries with 4 port stops.

Voyager stops in Nassau, St. Thomas, San Juan, and Labadee and is doing that itinerary through April of this year.

Explorer stops in Nassau, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, and San Juan through April of this year.

Archived