Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

We were upgraded from midship to forward cabin on the Norwegian Star....will NEVER take an upgrade again. We were right under the anchor and it sounded like the ship was being torn apart. Anchor was dropped twice on our Mexican cruise and both times, my husband and I hit the floor from a sound sleep, heart racing from the ominous sounds it made. And we were upgraded to the top deck of cabins......ugh!!!!

Do you know anything about NCL Star cabin 9522? Is it under the anchor?

Edited by blackht
Need to add title

Does anyone know if these cabins have covered balconies? I searched for info on these cabins and found this question and was hoping that they are covered. Any help would be appreciated so I can try and change cabins if needed.

Hello!

We've been on about 35 cruises (17 Princess Cruises), but not on the Ruby. However, I honestly think that cabin is not in a good location. Not only are you under the pool area (scraping of chairs, etc.), but you are almost directly across from the laundromat, where people tend to congregate and there is more noise in the corridor as a result. You do not want to ever be under a dining area of any kind or under the pool area. I got "upgraded" once on the Star to under some galley (rolling carts all night - literally) and was gone after the second night and much squeaky-wheel complaining. I don't think they would have moved us, had it not been their idea to put us there in the first place. We even had a purser come into the cabin in the night to hear what was going on overhead. The cabin steward quietly told us it was a common complaint in this cabin.

You may not be noise-sensitive, but I am, so I'm picky about this type of thing. I'd get out of that ASAP. Just my opinion....

Hi CruseAddict,

I have posted this but nobody really helps. I hope you might be able to give us some idea. Thanks.

Do you reckon if cabin E701 (near aft lifts) and E419 (near mid ship lifts) might be noisy on Diamond Princess??? Got upgraded to these two cabins. Never stayed right next the lifts or even on emerald deck.

Do you think Princess would relocate us if we request? Thanks.

Bill and Ye

Being near the elevators are a good thing.

the elevators are not outside your door-- you will need to go right out of your cabin and into the elevator bank. two decks up for food. 2 decks down for entertainment.

Its an awesome location.

Being near the elevators are a good thing.

the elevators are not outside your door-- you will need to go right out of your cabin and into the elevator bank. two decks up for food. 2 decks down for entertainment.

Its an awesome location.

Hi Serene56,

Thanks. We have never stayed in one of those cabins. Mum sleeps really light, hence a bit concerned. But what you said was right.

Bill and Ye

We're sailing on the Ruby early January, room R607. Appears to be under Horizon Court buffet, aft of the pools. Anyone stayed there or (or similar) and have thoughts to offer?

Just returned from our cruise last Sunday. The room was not too bad. There was no congregating in the Laundromat area, and we were behind the pool area above, and we did not hear much noise from the horizon court buffet. My DW is a light sleeper, and she never complained. Also, my DW and I are not sun worshippers, so the overhang from above made the balcony feel more private and less direct sun.

Has anyone stayed in 8167? Does anyone know how bad the noise is from the Spinnaker Lounge in this stateroom?

I haven't stayed in this cabin but I stayed in 8170 last year (2010) right after the Spinnaker lounge was moved to the back of the ship. We could hear the boom boom boom from the music in the Spinnaker very well. I put earplugs in and slept great! My husband not so well...

Do you know anything about NCL Star cabin 9522? Is it under the anchor?

My mom and I sailed on the NCL Wind in 06. We didn't bring an alarm clock on the cruise. I thought that there would be one on board, but wasn't. We were wondering if we were going to oversleep on port days. 4 of our 6 ports were tender ports. Not to worry, the anchor let us know that it was time to get up :p. The first time was a bit of a shock, but then we started expecting it. We would know that we had "arrived".

Just remember our men and women out to sea on an aircraft carrier. Those that are assigned sleeping quarters under the flight deck don't get much sleep when the squadrons are flying. They hear can hear the catapult launch and the planes literally slam onto the deck when landing. :cool: DH has been on one of those "cruises".

My mom and I sailed on the NCL Wind in 06. We didn't bring an alarm clock on the cruise. I thought that there would be one on board, but wasn't. We were wondering if we were going to oversleep on port days. 4 of our 6 ports were tender ports. Not to worry, the anchor let us know that it was time to get up :p. The first time was a bit of a shock, but then we started expecting it. We would know that we had "arrived".

As info. ALL ships offer programmable wakeup calls on the phone in your stateroom.

This room is a nightmare if you want to rest during the day, after an excursion or sleep in :mad:

It is directly below the weight area of the fitness center !

Captain Tony did mention at the Captain's Cirlce cocktail party, that in the design of the new ships, the fitness would be located above the Teen Center.... good choice in my opinion.

But I have to say that to Princess' credit, they were able to move our cabin, so it didn't ruin all 7 days.

hi we are booked on inspiration and wondering about cabins e259 and u235?? any input would be great..:D

remember this ship has dead ends-- deck 5 can take you from front to back with no problems.

if you have the aft dining room-- use the aft elevators-- its the only way to get to that dining room. If you get the midship dining room-- use the midship elevators.

both of your cabins are direct aft- youmight get some vibrations/shuddering when leaving or entering a port.

It will be a VERY long walk to walk to each cabin from one to the other. Meet up at the elevators--or designate someplace to meet. It will wear you out "knocking" for each other---lol

On the Empress one-- I am not liking that since it is under a white area. I do not know what that is-- crew space maybe??? but white areas sometimes are noisy-

We were on the Coral in A622 to Alaska and in A214 on the Island to the Panama Canal. Both balcony cabins were great. We especially liked A214. It was the very first cabin all the way at the front of Aloha deck. The views were spectacular--we could see a vast panorama, from slightly behind us to slightly ahead of us. We could also see directly into the bridge. There was a door leading to the crew area and the bridge right outside our cabin, but there weren't too many people using it and they were not noisy at all. Since we were the last cabin, there was no passing foot traffic in the hall. We also had no problem with feeling the ship's movement. I would not hesitate to book this room again.

Hello!

We've been on about 35 cruises (17 Princess Cruises), but not on the Ruby. However, I honestly think that cabin is not in a good location. Not only are you under the pool area (scraping of chairs, etc.), but you are almost directly across from the laundromat, where people tend to congregate and there is more noise in the corridor as a result. You do not want to ever be under a dining area of any kind or under the pool area. I got "upgraded" once on the Star to under some galley (rolling carts all night - literally) and was gone after the second night and much squeaky-wheel complaining. I don't think they would have moved us, had it not been their idea to put us there in the first place. We even had a purser come into the cabin in the night to hear what was going on overhead. The cabin steward quietly told us it was a common complaint in this cabin.

You may not be noise-sensitive, but I am, so I'm picky about this type of thing. I'd get out of that ASAP. Just my opinion....

Hi..ever been on the Star Princess Caribe Deck..around # c320??

Any info about cabin would be helpful!! Hugs!

Laura in Alberta Canada

We changed from a cabin on 6th deck of aos that was 20 cabins from elevator to one on 6 that is 6532 at the front closer to the elevators-there is a promenade deck below us and lifeboats-is this considered an obstucted view

We changed from a cabin on 6th deck of aos that was 20 cabins from elevator to one on 6 that is 6532 at the front closer to the elevators-there is a promenade deck below us and lifeboats-is this considered an obstucted view

this cabin does not have an obstructed view. Lifeboats are down around deck 4-recessed under the dack.

The show lounge is under you - could be loud if you are early to bed type of people,

This deck balcony have metal partitions instead of plexiglass.= giving the balcony somewhat of a closed feeling. It is the only deck that has the metal- the rest of the decks have plexiglass