Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

Has anyone stayed in this cabin? How does it looks like? This is our first cruise and wanted to know if this cabin is ok.

Thanks,

Its your first cruise- youhave nothing to compare it to- It will be perfect

is a connecting cabin- did youneed the connecting cabin?

Very forward. Long walks to the food/elevator but good for the entertainment.

standard balcony

506633077HEsBMS_th.jpg

Edited by serene56

Its your first cruise- youhave nothing to compare it to- It will be perfect

is a connecting cabin- did youneed the connecting cabin?

Very forward. Long walks to the food/elevator but good for the entertainment.

standard balcony

506633077HEsBMS_th.jpg

Thanks for your quick reply. I really appreciate it. No, We don't need the connecting cabin. Our TA booked this for us. I told them that we want the cabin with balcony.

Has anyone stayed in this cabin? How does it looks like? This is our first cruise and wanted to know if this cabin is ok.

Thanks,

djcabor.... don't know when you're cruising, but we have 7014 for our upcoming cruise on the Radiance.... will let you know if there is time between my cruise and yours :)

djcabor.... don't know when you're cruising, but we have 7014 for our upcoming cruise on the Radiance.... will let you know if there is time between my cruise and yours :)

patperry,

We are cruising this coming Saturday, March 5th, 5 night western carribean. I noticed that your upcoming cruise on the Radiance will be on the 14th. So, I guess I will let you know what the cabin looks like, (good and bad) if you have never been to this ship. :)

Thanks..... haven't cruised a Radiance class ship before, but I'm looking foward to it. First time out of Tampa, too. Always out of Canaveral, Ft. Lauderdale or Miami before.

I'll be waiting to hear your impressions.

Pat

Thanks..... haven't cruised a Radiance class ship before, but I'm looking foward to it. First time out of Tampa, too. Always out of Canaveral, Ft. Lauderdale or Miami before.

I'll be waiting to hear your impressions.

Pat

Im doing Jewel OTS, twice next 2012, my first time too on a Raidance class ship. I told my friend, it will be a beautiful ship... :)

Strangely it too goes out of Tampa, so they must be doing a ship swap

If you thought that balcony was small- NEVER take a side one.

(I wonder why there was so sofa in that room- (was there room for one?

The room was so small no room for a couch or chair. The beds were the smallest I've ever seen.

Now did you mean the side cabin balconies on carnival or all cruise lines? We've had Caribe deck balconies on princess and they are a nice size. Room enough for a chaise and two chairs.

Our next carnival we are in aft corner so large deck BUT it looks narrow in any photos I've seen. Donna

The room was so small no room for a couch or chair. The beds were the smallest I've ever seen.

Now did you mean the side cabin balconies on carnival or all cruise lines? We've had Caribe deck balconies on princess and they are a nice size. Room enough for a chaise and two chairs.

Our next carnival we are in aft corner so large deck BUT it looks narrow in any photos I've seen. Donna

the Princess Caribe deck balconies are awesome. We were lucky enough for the aft C753

A regular balcony on carnival on the side will look like this:

2746729500050360393gSBAMw_th.jpg

the wrap around:

2186405110050360393hXUPMN_th.jpg

How much noise anyone know?

its under the dining room which is carpeted= no noise issues.

Is a connecting cabin- the door will be locked unless you booked the connecting cabin. No noise issue unless you get a rude family next door.

Hi All

We are considering booking on the Enchantment of the Seas RCCL, in Jan 2012 out of Baltimore, any suggestions on what rooms not to book, we are thinking inside or ocean view rooms. Thanks in advance for your suggestions,. Terri

Any info on this cabin. We didn't have a choice, supposedly the last balcony cabin with unobstructed view. We're new at this and it will be our 2nd cruise. Thanks in advance for any help.

the last unobstructed balcony??? when is this cruise?

The only obstructed balcony is a 7a with lifeboats that sit out at the balcony-to the railing but you are able to see out fine.

On higher decks in the area of the ship that is indented you cant look directly down in the water. We were on deck 6 and had fabulous views.

this is an aft balcony---which for us is where we would be for an alaska cruise= You do not have to worry about being on the "wrong side" as you will be able to see both sides being back here.

Edited by serene56

I have posted that 2385 on the Carnival Glory is a extremely hot cabin....

let me add 2384 to the list.

Seems that mid section of the Carnival Glory on Main has a ventilation issue.

My clock has a thermometer and it registered 77 during the day and 75 at night.

Yes, this is within "Carnival's exceptable range" (we did call Maintence)...

but to a lady going through surgical menopause...it is miserable.

Thank goodness I carry a battery operated fan...and that helped at night.

On the flip side...if you LOVE hot rooms (like our oldest son)...these are the cabins for you!!!

Thanks to all, this blog has been very informative.

We just booked on RCCL Explorer of the Seas for Jan 2012 out of Bayonne. Oceanview 2306, any comments on this room. Hoping that the sail on the Atlantic will not be too rough.

Thanks Terri

I have sailed on the voyager class and these ships are nice!

Although I have not stayed in that location, I noticed that you are midship so that is a good thing. I once stayed on deck 2 on a smaller ship and it was very loud. You seem to be far enough away from the "Vault" lounge for it to be quiet and the photo gallery seems to be above you and that should not be a problem either.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your trip aboard the Explorer of the Seas.

Thanks to all, this blog has been very informative.

We just booked on RCCL Explorer of the Seas for Jan 2012 out of Bayonne. Oceanview 2306, any comments on this room. Hoping that the sail on the Atlantic will not be too rough.

Thanks Terri

i've heard many people say it was a rough ride out of NYC but it was fine (it was July).. The ride past Lady Liberty was spectacular:) i'm sure Bayonne won't be any worse.. .. besides you'll be so ecstatic to be sailing away you wouldn't even notice!

Edited by lucyintheskywithdiamonds

I have read before that some of the 1A cabins on the lower decks all the way forward were noisy, but I have had a couple of them and didn't have that problem. Until now.

I booked 1A cabin 1211 with 2 portholes, and spent at least 2 or 3 nights without much sleep. It seems that if you are cruising with the wrong kind of wave action, the waves hit the bow and are very noisy. It sounds like someone is hitting the hull of the ship with a metal hammer and the sound is echoing up through the ship. It comes at random times, so you can't get used to it, and sometimes it is VERY loud.

Just an FYI for those of you booking the porthole cabins. Sometimes they are great and quiet, but this time it was not.