Anchorage Hotel - with kids

Vols Cruiser

You're welcome Eileen and ask away as you think of things. I enjoy helping all that want to come visit us up here! And if I can help so someone won't get a big surprise when they get here even better.

Susan in Anchorage :)

Well, the coin toss left the Anchorage Grand Hotel victorious. :) Viewing its location on the Google satellite map sealed the deal. It is truly just a stone's throw from the depot.

I just made our reservation via telephone, and was pleased to learn a AAA discount is available. The young lady who assisted me was very pleasant.

Thank you, Everyone, for your help!

Happy Cruising...

Eileen

What about laundry service? Do any of the hotels recommended so far have laundry machines for guests? (if not, we'll have to find a hotel near a laundromat--we'll be in Alaska for a week visiting family further north, and will spend the night in Anchorage before leaving for our cruise out of Whittier) We want to pack lightly (well, you know, as lightly as possible:o ) and plan to do laundry before getting on the cruise.....

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there, Hoyaheel! Sorry for my delayed response. Life in the Valley of the Sun has been activity-filled lately.

I checked the website for the Anchorage Grand Hotel, which is where we are staying. Laundry service is mentioned as an amenity--

Our Hotel

• Morning newspaper

• Same day laundry and dry cleaning service

• [deleted text]

Hope this is helpful!

Eileen

Archived