Lisbon shuttle

I only have experience there once, and not with your cruiseline, but here's what I know. There's a fairly wide area long the river where your ship could be docked, but our dock was west of the centre of the city. Our cruiseline provided complimentary shuttle service into one of the main squares, and there were plenty of taxis sitting there trying to get our business. So I wouldn't worry about the cab situation.

We were on the Splendour of the Seas transatlantic last spring and our cruise ended in Lisbon. We had no shuttle and the line for taxis on the pier was very long...but - on the bright side - there were lots of taxis too! I only saw one problem. One couple got out of a cab as it was about to take off and got their luggage out of the trunk. They let everyone in line know that that particular driver was refusing to turn on his meter and was quoting them a flat, escalated rate. (There is always one isn't there?) Lots of police were overseeing everthing and trying to expedite the process. The cab drivers were arguing with a couple of policemen because they wanted to pick up people along the line if thats where they were stopped and not wait for their turn to pull up in the line. Thank goodness the police were there because it would have been chaos!

So..all in all it was orderly, moved fast and our driver had no qualms about turning on his meter!! We loved Lisbon. It has not become a tourist trap yet like some other European cities.

Archived