Times are Changing-Oceania New Pricing

Molliem

Hi All:

Seems the good thing is about to end. That is for many of us. Appears the "Free Air' is ending on some 2007 itineraries and probably will be the norm for 2008. In addition, the 2 for 1 pricing just got more expensive. Intrduced 40% discount and removed 2 fo 1 from many itineraries. While "Free Air" was not exactly that as credits were provided if one booked their own flights, the flight costs for Oceania were for the most part great. What will happen now with this removed? With the increased fares and no obvious price reduction(credit) for "Free Air", we are being faced with a hefty increase to cruise with Oceania, some of which may be justified. Is this the cost of Oceania now owning their ships and the purchasing of yet another high end ship, which is the wind? Will itineraries start changing at last minute to cut costs? There are always other cruise options and possibly some of us will be looking elsewhere. Thanks for the good times Oceania.

Hi All:

Seems the good thing is about to end. That is for many of us. Appears the "Free Air' is ending on some 2007 itineraries and probably will be the norm for 2008. In addition, the 2 for 1 pricing just got more expensive. Intrduced 40% discount and removed 2 fo 1 from many itineraries. While "Free Air" was not exactly that as credits were provided if one booked their own flights, the flight costs for Oceania were for the most part great. What will happen now with this removed? With the increased fares and no obvious price reduction(credit) for "Free Air", we are being faced with a hefty increase to cruise with Oceania, some of which may be justified. Is this the cost of Oceania now owning their ships and the purchasing of yet another high end ship, which is the wind? Will itineraries start changing at last minute to cut costs? There are always other cruise options and possibly some of us will be looking elsewhere. Thanks for the good times Oceania.

I find it very interesting for you to be stating as fact things that are not happening..there is still 2 for 1 and free air on many of the sailings..and will be in 2008..Itineraries will not start changing to cut costs..that is fiction..if you choose to look elsewhere that is your choice but I suggest you check out the truth first..yes costs are going up..ON EVERYTHING have you checked the price of fruit lately??

Jan

As usual, Jan is quite right. The Winter 2007-2008 cruise books are just out and "Free Air", plus 2 for 1 pricing is still very evident. However, if you read carefully, you will note that all these offers, like most, are subject to withdrawal at some point in the future.

However, to simply say "it's coming to an end" is like saying "The Sky Is Falling". Be a little more careful of your facts, first.

Having said that, I sincerely hope that you can find a cruise to you liking and will enjoy it to the upmost.....

Hi Jan:

It is unfortunate that you have misread this thread. "The Truth" has been stated on this thread. Look at itineraries and see how many have changed as I suggested. The word "some" itineraries does not mean all. We are not comparing oranges to the cost of cruises. The fact is "some" itineraries have these changes and some are on cruises on which we are booked. Yes there are cruises which continue today to have these benefits. Many have been changed to the new program.

Jan, you have a great following and provide very worth while input for many. Continue to do so. Remember, Oceania is our first choice for quality in all areas having compeleted prior cruises and booked on two more.

I just think the changes molliem are referring to, is strictly a function of capacity control on the ships. If you want the best deal, it seems on Oceania, you will need to book early. Unlike the mass market lines that offer deals in the last six months to get rid of excess space, Oceania does not have that 'problem'. Once the ships start getting many cabins booked, then Oceania will remove the free air, or go to 40% off rates, since the last cabins will probably sell anyway at these rates. With the increasing popularity of Oceania, and the set number of berths available until (Hmmm....when is that until going to be Mr DelRio???); the cruise line has the fortunate ability in this industry to actually remove incentives as the ships approach sold out status, as opposed to other lines that have to go to incentives to sell excess space.

So, really it all boils down to this again...... will you people quit telling your friends, relatives, acquaintences about Oceania...so we can keep this all to ourselves !!!! :D If this keeps up, we will have to start auctioning cabins to the highest bidder !!! :eek: (Forget I even mentioned that, Frank.)

I just think the changes molliem are referring to, is strictly a function of capacity control on the ships. If you want the best deal, it seems on Oceania, you will need to book early. Unlike the mass market lines that offer deals in the last six months to get rid of excess space, Oceania does not have that 'problem'.) If this keeps up, we will have to start auctioning cabins to the highest bidder !!! :eek: (Forget I even mentioned that, Frank.)

I like your style and understanding of the cause-and-effect of the free market system.

Happy sails!

Ruby

So, really it all boils down to this again...... will you people quit telling your friends, relatives, acquaintences about Oceania...so we can keep this all to ourselves !!!! :D If this keeps up, we will have to start auctioning cabins to the highest bidder !!! :eek: (Forget I even mentioned that, Frank.)

Hi Dkbustr:

We are both on the same page. With the popularity of Oceania growing faster than capacity can manage, some of us will miss out on the "special" pricing which initially will continue to be avialable on many sailings. Some itineraries have already introduced the new pricing schedule and removed incentives which were there in past. We have booked out one year and another one and a half years to get what we wish. Oceania will need to speed up the 2008 itineraries otherwise our loyal followings could miss out.

By the way, is "Rickey 88" associated with Jan *****?

Hey Dick

Nice to see you about trust you are well, love to you and viv.

we are in US On 14th feb flying into LAX then celebrity from san diego and eventually regatta from miami to provence.

Will catch you both again one day.

Love Jim & Sue xxxx

Hey Dick

Nice to see you about trust you are well, love to you and viv.

we are in US On 14th feb flying into LAX then celebrity from san diego and eventually regatta from miami to provence.

Will catch you both again one day.

Love Jim & Sue xxxx

Hi you Two!

Here's hoping your Transatlantic crossing is as memorable as the one we shared with you several years ago.

We just finished Istanbul to Singapore a few months ago - I realize that's not the best time of year for you, but you would have thoroughly enjoyed it. Looking forward to "Next Time"....

Dick & Vivian

wrote in part:

....... We have booked out one year and another one and a half years to get what we wish. Oceania will need to speed up the 2008 itineraries otherwise our loyal followings could miss out..

Many of us booked for 2008 in 2006...you know how that goes..early bird gets their cabin :D ...which is also why many of the 08 cruises are sold out;) ..

Dear Molliem,

We received a letter along with our 2007-2008 Winter Collections, book. On the back of the letter, in tiny print, were listed the cruises which were at the 40% rate as wel as those which did not include the air fare. So there is truth in what you say, you only have to look for the fine print.

Hope we can cruise again with you and our cruisemates.

J

I kind of had to shurg when reading this topic. As much as I don't want to see Oceania's prices increase any further, I cannot blame them for doing this when they are running quite the popular cruise line. Seeing as sailings in 2007 and even parts of 2008 are sold out, who can blame them? This is a free-market economy that we live in. Supply and demand. Simple as that.

If their occupancy onboard drops significantly after a new pricing structure roll-out, you can expect to see prices come back down. If the occupancy remains as strong as it is now, expect prices to climb even further north.

Not running a business this way would (and should) cost executives at the line their jobs.

Remember -- Oceania is here to make money, just as any other business.

Archived