Valor Aft Cabins

SHELLKOV

I was excited yesterday when we got our documents for our 2/25/07 sailing. We booked unassigned, but I noticed we were already assigned a cabin. (2476 Main aft) We called our TA, and somehow a mistake was made. We were told that we should at least be upgraded to a Cat. 6E or higher. But we are in a Cat. 6B. The story is really too long and boring to go into. We were on the phone with our TA and Carnival for over 3 hours. They are still trying to fix the problem, but it is not looking like anything will change. But we have decided that this is not going to ruin our vacation. At least we are still going to be on the ship! I was just curious to know if there are any differences in being all the way in the back on that low of a deck. Mainly like feeling moter vibrations and things like that. Any input would be appreciated. I always wanted a cabin in the back, but would have preferred a balcony instead of just a window. But I'll take what I can get! LOL!

Thanks!

I am curious to what you booked and why you thought you should have been upgraded to a 6E--which are family staterooms. Do you have 4 people in your party-- that is what those cabins hold. So if there is only two there is a very small chance of you getting a 6E.

We booked a cabin in 2473 on the Liberty-- I love the aft.

CArnival assigns guarantee cabins about 45-70 days before sailing so you should have been expected to be assigned.

I am curious to what you booked and why you thought you should have been upgraded to a 6E--which are family staterooms. Do you have 4 people in your party-- that is what those cabins hold. So if there is only two there is a very small chance of you getting a 6E.

We booked a cabin in 2473 on the Liberty-- I love the aft.

CArnival assigns guarantee cabins about 45-70 days before sailing so you should have been expected to be assigned.

When we a booked almost 2 weeks ago, our TA booked us under a Cat.6B, and told us they were offering a 1 Cat. upgrade just for booking. And because it was also booked under a guarantee, (which we paid a little more for) we had a great chance of going even higher. It mainly struck me odd, because we normally don't have our room assignment until we get to the port. I am not too worried about it because I plan on going and having a wonderful time. I am sure the TA's office will take care of it somehow when we get back home since it was thier mistake.

With booking carnival... a guarantee is always cheaper then booking an assigned cabin. (for our upcoming Liberty it was 140.a couple cheaper to book a guarantee)

When Carnival gives upgrades--even when booking its within the category- they dont give you automatic upgrades to balconies when booking oceanvies.

It sounds like you booked a oceanview guarantee-- and got the 1 category upgrade to a 6B. You DID get an upgrade.. one category.

the letters denote the upgrade.

SOmetimes carnival dont give assignments out til you get to the port but it is rare that happens today.

Please let us know how the cabin was. (and how this all works out.)

You also want to keep an eye on the carnival site to see if your cruise comes down any...

• 2 weeks later...

We finally got this whole mess straightened out. The TA admits that she told us wrong. What she explained to us, and what she booked for us, were 2 different things. So, to fix the situation, we are now in a balcony cabin for the same cost.

Archived