I got claustrophobic in my cabin at night

conversationist

Also be aware of cave tubing. I found myself drifting away from the pack and had a mini panic attack. Being close to someone and talking to them really helped. I did enjoy the tubing, but not sure if I would do it again.

Rob

NCL Dream 2/07

Disney Magic 2/04

Disney Magic 2/03

Oh my goodness you guys have me paranoid now! I am going on my very first cruise in 6 days. Have an interior cabin on RC that i have to share with my brother who happens to be quite large.

I AM that person who has panic attacks on window seats of airplanes, back seats of cars, etc. Although i dont think i have it as bas as some, im fine in a crowded bar and in a line...

I hope this cruise goes well or ill be sleeping in a chair by the pool!

Its interesting to get everyone's opinion on this topic. I have booked inside twice and got upgrade the first time to balcony but not the second time. I'm worried about claustrophobia as well, but the size of the inside and outside is the same, the only difference is the window, which for some is a BIG deal.

For those who insist on a balcony, its all about personal preference. This will be my first inside room, if it works out, like an earlier poster said, I'll be able to go on more cruises. It all depends on personal preference. I do not intend on staying in my room for long, there is way too much to explore on the ship. But for some, they spend A LOT of time in their rooms and for them, a balcony is a luxury.

What I have noticed are some people who take the attitudes that people who do the inside cabins are not as good as the ones with balconies, and I find this attitude very sad. I certainly hope that being on a cruise where everyone should be happy enjoying themselves wouldn't involve being looked down upon because one cannot afford to have the better suites. This is one of my concerns about going on a more luxury cruiseline (in my case it will be Celebrity Summit, my first time was Carnival). If I ran across that attitude from other people I meet on my cruise, it certainly would taint my views on that cruiseline, and I would likely go on a more standard cruiseline the next time I went on a cruise.

For me there is simply no excuse for snobbish attitudes. Not everyone can afford balconies and presidential suites. That does not mean that we do not deserve to enjoy the pleasures of a cruise as much as everyone else.

Sorry for the rant! Just had to get that off my chest! ;)

I think you've missed the point, 'boy - I'm understanding the posts in these threads as people who do suffer from claustrophobia and panic attacks and have found that they cannot cope without either the window or the balcony. I never got the sense that it's a matter of personal preference (more that it's one of personal SURVIVAL) or snobbishness.

hey princess, you are probably right, I am off topic I suppose...for those who are TRULY claustrophobic, then by all means, they should get a window or balcony, whats the point of travelling if you are not feeling well because of your accomodations...

I guess my point was that there are those who do the upgraded thing who could not possibly understand why anyone would want to do an inside, and they mean it in a bad, demeaning kind of way....

Sorry for the off topic post!

Archived