Must Eats on Carnival

brokenlola

I have read that the speciality coffees are free in the dining room after dinner. Not sure about the alternate menu, but I have read that they are options that are the same and available every night other than the standard menu.

I LOVE the oysters that they have at the fish and chips station. Had them EVERYDAY for lunch.

If the ship has a little cafe area (like Inspiration does) and you see strawberry cheesecake, it is highly recommended! There is an extra charge for it, but I still would have eaten all day...what am I saying, I practically did! :D

Beef Wellington when I had it was excellent.

Pumpkin Soup, not what I expected but delish.

Fish & Chips, yummmmmm

Calamari, zuchini and onion straws from fish & Chips

Sushi - everything I tried was very tasty

Warm Chocolate Melting cake (I hate all of Carnival's other desserts :( )

Are specialty coffees like Cappuc. etc free? Thnx

I have all meals in the dining room, as I don't care for buffet food.

Cappuccino and espresso are available at no charge in the dining room. I always ask for a double espresso w/dessert. I usually have an espresso w/breakfast, and a cappuccino after lunch.

There's a specialty coffee bar on most Carnival ships, with coffee and desserts...I don't know the cost.

As far as food... I really like the Beef Wellington, Chateaubriand, Chilean Sea Bass, and Delice of the Ocean.

Some of the soups are excellent. The gazpacho is good, as well as the lobster bisque.

One of my favorite things is the sun dried tomato bread. Yum.

I don't think cruise ships are known for really great desserts, but they're ok. All of the French pastries are very good.

Everything was wonderful, try the food all over the ship, don't just eat in the dining room!

From room service, the Roast Beef & Brie on baguette is very, very good, as well as the crudites (fresh veggies) and bleu cheese dip.

The calzones, reubens, and goat cheese pizza from the deli are also excellent.

Appetizers- Escargot, Smoked Duck

Soups-Cream of Lychee Soup, Mango Cream Soup, and Strawberry Bisque

Pasta- Fettuccini w/Mushroom Sauce, Bigoli Alla Carnival

Salad- Caesar

Main Entree- New Zealand Lamb, Broiled Lobster, Chateaubraind, Beef Wellington

Dessert- Anything Chocolate

• 10 months later...

This Is My First Cruise On Inspiration We Leave 12/31/07. I Am Disappointed Though Where My Cabin Is I Asked For One Above 2nd Floor And I Got The 2nd Floor Now They Are Fully Booked And No Place To Move Me Should Have Checked Sooner. Any Advice What To Do And What Not To Do.

Thanks Kathy

This Is My First Cruise On Inspiration We Leave 12/31/07. I Am Disappointed Though Where My Cabin Is I Asked For One Above 2nd Floor And I Got The 2nd Floor Now They Are Fully Booked And No Place To Move Me Should Have Checked Sooner. Any Advice What To Do And What Not To Do.

Thanks Kathy

You might want to move this to the Carnival board instead of the food board, you'll get more response there.

I'm definately a chocoholic, and I didn't find the Warm Chocolate Melting Cake to be very good. Too much Melt, not enough Cake.

By far, my favorite dessert on the ship was the Grand Marnier Souffle. YUM!

And other than that, the only thing I really enjoyed was the pizza. Nothing else really struck me as "really good". I was disappointed in the quality of the food. :-(

You know, I felt the same way. My favorite things I had aboard were the vegetarian sandwich from room service (Grilled Focaccia Sandwich with Grilled Zucchini, Fresh Mozzarella, and Portabello with Basil Aioli ), a turkey wrap from the sandwich guy on the Lido deck who really outdid himself - it was truly the best wrap I ever had. Don't know why, but it was. From the dinner menu my favorites were the signature fish dish (Pan Seared Fillet of Tilapia in herb Butter Sauce, with Tomato, Shallot and Eggplant ) from the first night's dinner and Bourbon and Honey Glazed, Roasted Spring Chicken from the 3rd night . 2nd night I ordered the vegetarian entree that was eggplant and zucchini in a pomodoro sauce and it was really unpleasant. I do wish I had gotten the vegetarian curry on the last night at dinner. Strawberry Bisque was good but a little goes a long way. Pumpkin soup was tasty, but I was just not in the mood for it the night I had it. DH and the other person at the table who ordered the duck appetizer (confit?) 1st night raved and raved about it. I think they would have ordered an entree of it!

The desserts were just okay. Not bad, but not the greatest I ever had either. The apple pie on our last night was criminally bad. 3 of 4 people at the table ordered it and no one liked it. The key lime pie was very good. Baked Alaska was fun, but not particularly wonderful. We mostly just nibbled at the merengue.

I am a coffee lover and I found the coffee aboard the ship to be terrible. (DH would say coffee snob LOL but I was raised to love coffee, my dad calls it the necter of the Gods.) I chose not to drink it at all after the first "cappucino" from 1st night's dinner. The coffee bar was better, but also only passable. I just skipped it altogether after that.

I was surprised how much the quality of the food can vary from ship to ship. Our meals aboard Carnival Legend (Sept. '07) were generally very good to excellent. The same meals aboard Carnival Glory (Nov. '07) were hardly recognizable as the same exact foods were badly cooked or were not made from the ingredients that were listed on the menu.

Aboard the Legend, my favorites were the prime rib, seafood Newburg, salmon, a Reuben and pastrami on rye from the deli, asparagus vychissoise, lobster (in Truffles main dining room only, NOT in the Golden Fleece upscale restaurant,) filet minon, omelettes, steak, black tiger shrimp, lobster & crab cakes, chicken tenders, shrimp cocktail, pan pizza, just about anything from the salad bar, tiramisu, black forest cake, chocolate gateau, and the shrimp salad sandwich from the room service menu.:)

Aboard the Glory, only one good food: the roast pork they had one day for lunch on the Lido. My favorites from the Legend, though on the Glory menus, were practically inedible on this ship. What a disappointment.:(

Archived