Mineral Water Question

cajuncrewmate

Hi -

Does anyone know if the Mineral Water package on Costa - for a European cruise is that just straight water or is it tonic water (i.e. with bubbles)?

Also - for those who have had tap water at dinner - how does it taste? My wife is wondering whether she can stick with the tap water or if she is going to have to order bottled water at the table.

=-CCM

I noticed mainly Europeans drinking bottle water and Americans drinking tap. Of course that was just in the area around us. I think they have various choices on the bottled water.

We had tap water and it tasted just fine.

Hi -

Does anyone know if the Mineral Water package on Costa - for a European cruise is that just straight water or is it tonic water (i.e. with bubbles)?

Also - for those who have had tap water at dinner - how does it taste? My wife is wondering whether she can stick with the tap water or if she is going to have to order bottled water at the table.

=-CCM

Europeans do drink a lot of soda water (plain carbonated water) so its possible. Call Costa or look on their website perhaps?

your second question is entirely subjective. the water on board is pure H20 (from reverse osmosis desalination). To me its tastes fine. it's smooth but has a distinct flavor i haven't put my finger on. Of course this coming from someone who has always drank treated city water from lake Erie and despises well water. will your wife like it? i dunno. try it and see :)

We cruised Costa last year and had the Wine package which included 10 or so bottles of water. We could choose either "Sin Gas", still or "Con Gas" fizzy. I assume the water package is the same. We could also choose to consume them at the table or take 1 back to the room for consumption during the evening (along with the whisky we had);) .

We enjoyed this cruise so much we are going again in a few weeks.:D :D

Most mainland Europeans and some misguided Brits drink bottled water. Historically Europe had poor tap water system , I can remember being told not to drink it for fear of getting typhoid/cholera and any other disease thinkable.

Hence the wine drinking. Then came Evian who got Europe to drink from a bottle, only they screwed up a while ago by having their water contaminated by "hydrocarbons", big loss of face.

Ships TAP WATER is safe, taste is a subjective thing ,if in doubt drink wine.

Most mainland Europeans and some misguided Brits drink bottled water. Historically Europe had poor tap water system , I can remember being told not to drink it for fear of getting typhoid/cholera and any other disease thinkable.

Hence the wine drinking. Then came Evian who got Europe to drink from a bottle, only they screwed up a while ago by having their water contaminated by "hydrocarbons", big loss of face.

Ships TAP WATER is safe, taste is a subjective thing ,if in doubt drink wine.

My country is famous for the softness of its water. We do not have to put anything in our dishwashers, irons, etc, as our water is very good. My point however is that it does not matter how good our Welsh Water is , it is nowhere near the purity of water on board most cruise ships. It cannot be said to often, as people just do not seem able to believe it, do NOT pay for bottled water you are consuming ON THE SHIP, as the tap water is BETTER. Drinking OFF the ship is another matter.

Archived