How do we get Balcony dividers open?

caribbean dreams

We will be traveling with family & friends on the Liberty in July, We have checked out our balcony cabins and know the dividers are able to be opened but what is the fasted way to have this done, do we find our cabin Steward or go to the Pursers deck when we board the ship?

and how many dividers will we be allowed to open?

I know they are only allowed to open a certain amount so we wanted to get it taken care of as soon as possible.

We will be traveling with family & friends on the Liberty in July, We have checked out our balcony cabins and know the dividers are able to be opened but what is the fasted way to have this done, do we find our cabin Steward or go to the Pursers deck when we board the ship?

I know they are only allowed to open a certain amount so we wanted to get it taken care of as soon as possible.

I would go directly to the Purser's Desk as soon as you board. We asked our steward on the Valor in November. The next day the balcony was still not opened and we asked again. He reported that Housekeeping said they could not open it. None of the others around us were open. Too sad, we had our grandchildren in the adjourning cabin. When we boarded the Glory earlier this month, I went to the Purser's Desk and the divider was opened before dinner. I wished I had followed-up at the Purser's Desk on the Valor. Opening the balcony divider was a great idea! We ordered coffee from Room Service and enjoyed many mornings on the balcony. The primary person in each room will need to go with you to verify that they agree with opening the divider.

.................but what is the fasted way to have this done, do we find our cabin Steward or go to the Pursers deck when we board the ship?

Caribbean Dreams,

We got ours opened at 2:49PM by our steward on the day we boarded. All we did was ask him when we first met him and he went and got the tool and promptly opened it.

2522128800065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

Sorry, but I can't help with the limit. I know they had the entire Panaroma deck dividers open at one point for cleaning while we were at sea.

We asked for and they opened our divider on the Liberty. However, if we secured it open it covered my SIL's door to her cabin. So we didn't secure it. Well it was windy and the divider kept slamming back and forth. I had a bungee cord and told my husband to just tie the divider back.

My smart as a whip DH climbs up on the table on the balcony to secure the divider. I open the door to tell him to be careful and the ship starts to rock just as the door hits the table. The table slid over to the edge of the balcony and DH had to hold on for dear life. Quite a scary moment but I wish I had captured his face on video.

We were on the Liberty and dd and grandaughters were in the cabin to the right of us. Divider open would block our door out to the balcony. If she had been in the cabin to the left of us the divider could open and not block a door. You don't know this until you are on the balcony and see the situation. The divider must be secured or it will just bang all night when underway. We still managed to communicate and run back and forth via the hallway.

We have ALWAYS gotten our balcony's open..

Just got off the Destiny we had 10... They opened all ten.

On the CONQUEST we had 22 balcony's and they OPENED THEM ALL..

Truimph.. had 11 opended them all

Victory 23 opened them all

Just to name a few..

I ask the ROOM STEWART them sec. I see him..

I type out the list of rooms and hand them to him so he knows

where to start and stop

We asked for and they opened our divider on the Liberty. However, if we secured it open it covered my SIL's door to her cabin.

we had the same issue on the Triumph.....I complained because I booked this intentionally due to my kids in the other cabin.....they removed the divider..... http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2139102980089406063QTlsBH

Archived