Noordam where are you

snowgoose

I have been following the 1/27/07 sailing of the Noordam via ship tracking. I know the ship had hit heavy seas and stiff winds while heading down the coast. I also know that had an medical emergency off Virgina. I just checked on the ship tracking program and they still appear to be many miles from making any port. Any one on board the Noordam care to inform us whats happening on board the ship?

thanks for anyword, Snowgoose 3/10/07 sailing.

I promise you everyone is having a great time aboard. Noordam is fabulous with a crew that will fold themselves in half to be sure passengers have the very best time possible.

Maybe they'll miss or be late to ports because of the weather, but that gives them extra time to enjoy the ship.

As long as everyone is safe, that is what matters.

Yikes! we're scheduled for the 2/7 sailing. Sounds like the last two trips were very tough, indeed. Rough seas going out and coming in and reports from the other threads of 30ft seas and wind gusts of 100 mph! Hope the seas die down and wind lets up so she can get back on schedule (they had to skip Tortola). But I do agree everyone's safety is paramount! Anybody in the know please update. I am hanging on every word!

OH, MAN!!! I had no idea. Just got home on Saturday (7 hours late) and the rough seas we had were NOT FUN.

Here's what I had to say about it!!! http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=482718

I'm sure they are being made as comfortable as possible by the excellent (although probably exhausted) crew.

Tortola was a waste of time- except for the roosters walking around- so no loss there!

Tortola was a waste of time- except for the roosters walking around- so no loss there!

CarlaL--

I'd forgotten about the roosters wandering everywhere - even the beaches!

Thanks for putting a smile on my face!

:)

CarlaL--

I'd forgotten about the roosters wandering everywhere - even the beaches!

Thanks for putting a smile on my face!

:)

That sounds cool...it put a smile on my face, too. And, thanks for the tip on the beach in Tortola, Brian. If we're lucky, we'll be there soon! If not, we'll enjoy the ship!

Sheila

Yikes! we're scheduled for the 2/7 sailing. Sounds like the last two trips were very tough, indeed. Rough seas going out and coming in and reports from the other threads of 30ft seas and wind gusts of 100 mph! Hope the seas die down and wind lets up so she can get back on schedule (they had to skip Tortola). But I do agree everyone's safety is paramount! Anybody in the know please update. I am hanging on every word!

Island Dog,

If you like, join our Roll Call...we have a great group! And, a Meet and Mingle scheduled for the morning of February 8 in the Piano Bar....from 10:30 to 11:30!

Sheila

Archived